Can't Believe This Happen... Update - Repaired!!!

Leecher

Elmer's Wood glue is the proper glue for this small job.

http://www.discounts...CFcbd4AodYyp-Tg

I used Lepage carpenters glue to bind both pieces together :)

i hope that's not one of the ones you are sending me mon ami! ;)

*edit to add* PS, I like Blue and White not Red, White and Blue. :o

DOH :oops::lol: Make up your mind eh?? It's black & white :angel:

You gotta start making them out of hardwood if your going to be throwing them around like that!! :)

I make all mine out of hardwood. Usually cherry...only because I have it around. They don't break!!

S.

Shane, I'm usually careful handling them and never had any broke on me but this time it slip my grip.... ah well it's all good now, I've just finished repairing it... as good as new :D

***** UPDATE Repaired and as good as new :D *****

I got to it this morning and decided to glue both pieces together with carpenters glue.... gave it a couple of hours to dry. Then I tried the cheese cloth wrap around approach but didn't work as expected so decided to use braid like Art had suggested :thumbsup_anim:

But before I could tie the braid on, created 4 little notches so that the braid would fit in and not slip. Then I tied on using a Uni knot, cut the tag ends and applied 2 coats of glue to secure it.

Then applied a coat of paint to hide as much as possible the braid and then a coat of varnish for protection :thumbsup_anim:

Results.... AS GOOD AS NEW :D:thumbsup_anim: Here's a couple of pics

IMGP2234.jpg

Closer look.... you can actually see the braid here in white

IMGP2237.jpg

Thanks again to everyone for all the suggestions... I'm ready to go fishing and happy B):D

I stop using all other glues, and now just use gorilla glue for every thing.

I have use this to glue head liners foam to steel.

I have used it to repair a broken transducer.

I have used it to repair broken joy sticks on heavy equipment.

I have used it to repair the plastic tanks on rads.

I used it to repair my favored coffee bucket.Which goes in the dish washer.

I stop using all other glues, and now just use gorilla glue for every thing.

I have use this to glue head liners foam to steel.

I have used it to repair a broken transducer.

I have used it to repair broken joy sticks on heavy equipment.

I have used it to repair the plastic tanks on rads.

I used it to repair my favored coffee bucket.Which goes in the dish washer.

So what you're telling me, Gorilla glue is the way to go.... OK, I'm good with that :thumbsup_anim: Thanks Tybo :good:

Would it not have been easier to just throw the broken tip ups in the corner and make new ones?

Better still, keep the one's your making for GBW and send him the broken one.

Tell him to keep track of all the fish he catches with it so you can see how long the repair last's.

With the amount of fish he catches ( or lack there of) you can say the repair lasts a life time. :tease: :tease: :tease:

Would it not have been easier to just throw the broken tip ups in the corner and make new ones?

Tell him to keep track of all the fish he catches with it so you can see how long the repair last's.

With the amount of fish he catches ( or lack there of) you can say the repair lasts a life time. :tease: :tease: :tease:

It sure is skeet... but these are unique and not found in any store :whistling: why I made the repair :)

lol

ZING....

I have a habit Jacque when i make a repair to some thing that broke ,when its fixed and to test the repair i go back and try to break it again the same way it did the first time , did you do dat jack ? ........ lol

No I haven't Skipper... even if I try, don't think I can make a clean cut like that LOL and now it's got 15Lbs powerpro around it :whistling::P:lol:

The home made rigs.

ROCK :thumbsup_anim:

Working on mine tomoro.

Looking foward to cold hands and tight lines :canadian:

Right on dude B):thumbsup_anim: