Crosby out with headaches

jedimaster

Thats too bad. He was hit by David Krejci of Boston Mon night and hasnt played since. Should be interesting to see if it is just 2 games...I sure hope so..I am a Leafer for life but the Pens are my #2 team..Loving the Crosby right now..Here's to a healthy return to the lineup real soon.

For his own well being and future health, I hope he makes the hard choice to step down before he suffers anything worse. I would hate to see him suffer any further neurological issues. It's just a game is what it boils down to for me and I have no faith in the NHL brain trusts and or NHLPA to take care of it's players. Yeah, call me cynical...

Smart kid I'd say. Realizes he is young with lots of years left ..so it's best to take care of himself. Especially during regular season when the games essentially don't matter.

I truly wish my favourite player and the greatest player of all time...Bobby Orr... would have had the same sense. He was done at 28, and had leg problems before he even played in the NHL. As a hockey fan I would have loved to have seen him healthy and able to play for at least another 10 years.

Take care of yourself Sid. Lotsa fans wanna see you play for a LONG rime.

SO many great players out its such a shame for the sport, Kariya, Lindros, Lafontaine, Primeux, Geoff Courtnall, even the head hunter himself Stevens retired due to a concusion from that kubina slapshot when it hit him in the head... many more to come before anything gets done. Not that anything will get done. Crosby, unfortunatly will just be another 50-60 game a season guy til he eventually retires way beyond his years.

This is bad news for hockey.I'm a Caps fan since the team started up here and even I truely hope Crosby does not turn into a fragile player.Take as long as it takes and come back when you are ready.Hockey needs this guy to recover and be great player again or the game will see some drastic changes to protect the players from head injuries.

Joe

Meh... Lol. Don't like him anyways. There's more to hockey then sidney crysbaby.

But, joking aside, concussions are not somethin to take lightly. I've had my share over the years, not fun to deal with. Kinda like having a long lasting wicked hangover.... But without first enjoying urself and having that inflated sense of self esteem!

If it's related to his concussions, then good call on sitting out, whether it's two games or 10. Makes sure your healthy and can play at 100%. If it's not head related, I'm sure his team mates, coach, staff and medical team are breathing a sigh of relief.

Sad thing is, after a concussion there is no coming back as good as you were before. Unfortunate to say the least, for anyone thats had a concussion(s).

I think Sid is a great hockey player, perhaps the best in the league. But where the NHL truly needs him, is as an ambassador for hockey, worldwide, IMO.

I hope he gets over this and has a full career of playing healthy hockey. If not, it's a shame. But he has money, and has been blessed with money and many other things. I'm sure, if he never plays again (at some point), opportunity will literally smash his door open, lol.

Alot of talent in the current NHL, and alot more coming. With or without Sid, I'm sure we'll all still be watching

Edited by manitoubass2

Well, still out now it sounds worse. on the press conference today they said he will be out indefinately. Apparently he took practise and had concusion symptoms after practise. Headaches or something like that. I didn't hear the press conference just the guys on the radio commenting after.