NF - The artificial forest

SlowPoke

Call me Grinch but how many Christmas trees does a family need under one roof?

My Wife recently informed me that we needed a second tree, a 'theme tree'. And now we have one. I was quite happy with our first tree's theme... CHRISTMAS!!!

Now I've been informed (via her facebook status) that she wants "at least two more trees".

I know how to put an end to the artificial forest (the lure tree) but I want to understand the need for more than one full size tree under the roof!

I know how to put an end to the artificial forest (the lure tree) but I want to understand the need for more than one full size tree under the roof!

It's called blatant consumerism. At the one garden centre I was at, Christmas brought in 4x as much retail as the greenhouse and nursery.

They put up 20 different theme trees each year. Some people come in and buy a new theme tree each year to outdo the neighbour. One customer had 4 fully decorated prelit trees delivered to the house just to adorn the front lawn.

In essence, the real reasons for Christmas got lost in the lights,tinsel and cash.

Christmas is sposed to be fun & merry and I don't think you can have too many trees or decorations. Our home looks like a Christmas Wonderland inside and out for the holidays and I love every minute of it.

We're having a Christmas party on the 10th for friends and neighbors and the decorations are going up this weekend.

Bring it all on :santa::thumbsup_anim::santa: