2 surprise catches

JCRG

I got out friday to try for some late season pike. Could not get the pike to bite but i did manage my first ever steelhead?? x2

What a fight these fish put up! Seeing these fish in pictures is neat, but catching one and seeing it person is a whole other thing. Both fish were released after a quick pic.

image9.jpg

crop2.jpg

Thanks for reading

I though about waking up early and trying for some pike...but I was lazy and stayed in bed. If this weather holds up maybe next sunday.

Nice catch thanks for sharing.

What's your go to lure this time of year? I've tried everything so far and no luck (spinner baits, jerk baits, spoons, soft plastics...)

Right on, chunky looking fish! Just curious what bait you got them on? I'm mostly a roe fishermen but want to really start utilizing artificial casting baits...

They both hit a white spinnerbait fished slow, the first one hit it within a couple of seconds of hitting the water, the second one hit it near the bottom.

There is a lot of steelhead guys here that fish with lures

Lots of steelhead rookies (myself included) sitting here slackjawed that you smashed two gorgeous fish with pike tackle. Well done!

Thanks, I sure wasn't expecting these beauties, but as soon as the first fish hit I knew it was no pike