Waterproof digital camera

ChrisK

I've had my Olympus for 3-4 years now... Good quality pics... And you can use it underwater... 200-250$ at Walmart....

I have the olympus Stylus and I'm really happy with it, dropped it a number of times and submerged too many times cant complain. Mine is the older one, my only complain is this model has the olumpus memory card(xd) which is limited to 2g but not really an issue bec. that can hold a good amount of fish pics, the real issue is I can't use my memory card from another camera.The newer ones I heard are gonna use standard memory cards like the rest.

I have heard good things about the Panasonic Lumix cameras as well.

Me too. So many good things I bought one tonight. A buddy of mine has one and has been very happy with it thus far. Check My link

in the photography section as well. Was leaning towards the new Nikon but with the comments about them and the fact that the camera was just release, I opted for the Panasonic TS3. BTW - they are on sale at Henry's for $299.

I have a fuji FinePix XP10. It's small and is less than a $200.

http://www.fujifilm.ca/products/digital_cameras/xp/finepix_xp10/index.html

I've got the same and am reasonably happy with it. Takes pretty decent picks, though it doesn't have the settings options of the more expensive cameras, if you're the type who likes to have those options. Really durable though. Mines been through the washing machine twice and still works fine.

x 2 on the panasonic, grabbed one myself recently, very happy

I'm slowly diving into dslr/learning photography past few years but basically, how the new nikon was explained to me is you could put a 500 hp in a ford focus but doesn't mean you're put that power to the ground...the nikon sounds impressive on paper but doesn't have a good enough sensor or something like that, so the picture quality is lacking unless under optimal conditions, not usually the case when you're fishing....the pics i've seen from that camera for definitely full of noise and grainy

I've had the Canon d10 for a while now and like it a lot. It's waterproof to 30 feet and works well even in sub-zero temperatures. Huge LCD screen for its size too, although it may be a little more bulky than what you are looking for. It also *almost* floats - all I do is attach a little foamy (like on a boat key chain) onto the round clip in and floats. Not being worried about dropping it over the side of the boat is awesome.