Another great day!

fishnsled

The day started off early enough (so I thought) with the guys meeting at my place at 4:45am to head down to Quinte and meet up with Lloyd. I had my buddy Gerry, a co-worker Darcy and his friend Justin along for a day on the water. A slightly longer pit stop and my old memory forgetting how long it really takes to get there, we arrived a bit tardy but anxious to get on the water. We loaded up and were soon fishing. A few hits and then finally we were into our first fish.

Gerry was up first and boated a nice 4.0 pound eye. It was then I realize my camera was pooched. Fish went into the livewell while I tried to figure out what was going on with my camera. Next up was Justin and he grabbed a nice water goat, A pic from his iPhone (our camera for the day as my camera was done - RIP - over 5000 pics taken, can't really complain) For some reason we never got a shot of Gerry's fish - sorry man!

IMG_0021.jpg

IMG_0023.jpg

Darcy was next on deck with a pig of a fish. Darcy and Justin are new to the fishing game but just love being on the water. The fish that Darcy cranked in would be his biggest fresh water fish to date. A whopping 11.4 pound eye!

Just awesome!!

IMG_0027.jpg

I would be up next and brought in a beauty of a sheephead. Did I make you proud Joe and Bernie? LOL!

IMG_0033.jpg

Gerry was back up but lost his fish so we booted him to the back of the line for loosing a pig of a walleye. Justin would step up and bring in his largest to date with this 8,9 pound beauty. Nice fish J!

IMG_0035.jpg

IMG_0036.jpg

Things went quiet for a while and then I jumped at the next fish (ahead of Darcy - sorry dude!) It was only another sheephead so no big deal in the end. A few more bites and a couple fish lost and then our day was over. We gave the best that we could and even though the numbers were not there the laughs and good times sure made up for it. A couple of beauties for the new guys, pretty damn good day on the water. You really can't have a bad day of fishing with Lloyd.

I've had the chance now to get out with him 4 or 5 times now and each time you walk away with a little more information for your arsenal. 4 guys get their own private seminar with on the water instruction. Lots of stories told, tons of laughs, great company for 8 hours of entertainment. Phenomenal value for your dollar I'd say. If your thinking about Quinte (spring or fall) or Lake Ontario salmon in the summer, give Lloyd a call, you'll be glad you did.

U & Me

Lloyd, great time as always, thanks again!!

Edited by fishnsled

Great report Will! Seems I missed out on some good fishing...Lloyd always seems to produce even when most others don't :thumbsup_anim:

A nice multi species day out there....and yes, even though some people we know don't count sheepies as an actual species, you know I do lol!

Let's hope we get some nice toothy critters next weekend!

Were there many guys out there? It looks like you were off of shermans point, we saw a few guys out there running planer boards but after almost sinking the boat in the waves last weekend we decided to pack it in for the year. Now are you going to give away the secrets and let us know what gear you were runningwhistling.gif

Nice haul

DOS

Thanks for the replies everyone.

Now are you going to give away the secrets and let us know what gear you were runningwhistling.gif

DOS

A fair number of boats out but not as crazy as I've seen it. The secrets of the day are with the captain and I feel it's not my decision to share that information here. I can tell you that I was back down on the weekend and things had changed a bit from the week before. Experimenting with leads and baits, as you would do on any day, will boat you some fish.