reporting poachers

northernpike56

Hey all I went for a walk up at loweville park to try and see the salmon spawning one more time. I saw 2 guys snagging with big spinners and spoons and earplugs stuck to big treble hooks. I told them that they wernt allowed to be fishing there and they ignored me. I continued on my walk, turned back eventually and they were still there (20 minutes later). I pulled out the camera and they instantly stopped fishing, so they knew that they were snagging in a sanctuary. Is there anything I can do about these idiots? I have pictures of them but no ID (lisence plate, etc.) Would It be worth it to call the MNR?

Edited by northernpike56

laugh.gif We have found our Mob leader

homer-the-vigilante-picture_250x200.jpg

Unless your much bigger than them, touching their gear could be asking for trouble. They are buttheads however, so they deserve it... anyway, no point in me preaching your own safety.

I would call your local MNR and get an email address where you could send the pics and report.

Still call them and note the area! Might get a few more patrols down there. Calling it in immediately should get someone there, can't the police show up as well if a CO isn't available?

Remember most cell phones and cameras have video camera on them now, doesn't hurt to snap a pic and take a video.

Don't take matters into your own hands, you never know how someone will react.

Just disgusting what people do to those salmon. what the hell is wrong with them :wallbash:

Nice work NP56 knocking over and rod stomping. thumbsup_anim.gif

I don't understand the ear plug? dunno.gif

I've never tried it of course, but from what i've read, snaggers use earplugs because they float (so the big treble hook suspends in the water column) and when a salmon gets close they'll set the hook really hard and try to snag them

I heartily applaud your letting them know you're onto them and taking their photo, however, tbh, I'm not feeling the need for stepping on their gear no matter how satisfying it may have felt. Seeing their arses burned by CO's would have been reward enough. Chances are you may get another chance to see them caught and this would be supremely cool.