Bait making

Roy

Just finished this a few minutes ago, totally fishing related though not a lure. whistling.gif

Fel_grip_1.JPG

beautiful workmanship Chris.good.gif Must be a great feeling to step back and admire what your hands have crafted.

I'd love to be on the list of lucky people who own one of your artworks someday.

Thanks for sharing.

Paul

beautiful workmanship Chris.good.gif Must be a great feeling to step back and admire what your hands have crafted.

I'd love to be on the list of lucky people who own one of your artworks someday.

Thanks for sharing.

Paul

Absolutely gorgeous, Chris. I'd have trouble getting around the heart tremours and palpitations slapping that thing down in a Down Easter. :unsure:

Thanks guys.

To note it's not on the rod yet, just loosely assembled on a steel turning mandrel.

When installed on the blank the reel seat and butt cap will be dead center in relation to the cork handle.

Hey Gang! It's been a while. here's a bunch l did a few years back.

n643010102_5736610_3359.jpg

First one is a pencil popper l did for a friend. After the base yellow I layered quail feathers onto this one to give it the scaled effect. Came out amazing but definately too much work. Here's a few more shots of it.

n643010102_5736611_3709.jpg

n643010102_5736612_4108.jpg

n643010102_5736683_6840.jpg

This one was for another friend of mine down here. Its a strait up popper. It was about 5-6 inches if l remember correctly. Weighed in at just over 2oz.

n643010102_5736684_8083.jpg

n643010102_5736686_566.jpg

A closer look at the scale patern l did.

n643010102_5736685_9329.jpg

n643010102_5736668_5876.jpg

Did a bunch of these as well for friends. Hand-carved balsa wood with spinners for feet.

n643010102_5736669_6978.jpg

n643010102_5736671_8950.jpg

n643010102_5736672_9939.jpg

Got a bunch more done, just gotta find those ole pics... time to fire up the ole 'puter

FHR

Another one from this morning in true "Solopaddler" design. ;)

It's becoming very popular Mike. thumbsup_anim.gif

Dave_full_grip.JPG

I was thinking, man most of these handle designs looks awefully familiar LOL!

Pretty soon everyone on the river with a custom rod will have identical rods.

Stop copying me people!!!!

:D

I wish I could find a few moments to sit at my fly tying vice Bill. ;)

I hate losing $5 jigflies, I gotta start making my own :) Those fish aren't too picky.

I just need to find some bare bullet/darter head jigs with hooks and go from there.

Edited by BillM

I hate losing $5 jigflies, I gotta start making my own :) Those fish aren't too picky.

I just need to find some bare bullet/darter head jigs with hooks and go from there.

They are easy to tie Bill (perfection is not needed) and if I can help you get set up let me know. thumbsup_anim.gif

They are easy to tie Bill (perfection is not needed) and if I can help you get set up let me know. thumbsup_anim.gif

Right on man! Only thing I'm unsure about is the paint for the jighead itself (and maybe the small stick on eyes) I've got most of the tying materials (Or can pickup whatever I need in the city).. It's the paint that's got me confused.

Right on man! Only thing I'm unsure about is the paint for the jighead itself (and maybe the small stick on eyes) I've got most of the tying materials (Or can pickup whatever I need in the city).. It's the paint that's got me confused.

"Pro-Tec Powder Paints for Lures or Jigs" works well Bill. BPS has it and I'm sure others do too.