wading boots size

mike rousseau

im looking at some stocking foot waders...

just wondering how you size the boots?

im a 13...do i get a 13? or do the stocking feet fill up a boot? 14 maybe?

i have no idea... and im trying to order them from cabelas... so i cant try em on...

help...please...

thnx

mike

Definitely 2 sizes larger.

You need waders with stocking feet large enough to accomodate a THICK pair of wool socks and not be too tight.

In turn you need wading boots large enough to accomodate the waders without being too tight.

If the boots are too tight your feet will freeze in cold water.

Unless all you do is fish in warm weather no way no how will boots one size larger cut it.

Depends. Some are already adjusted and recommends you to use your street shoes size

Yes correct, you must double check with each manufacturer as more and more are adjusting their sizes to represent actual shoe size you would wear instead of going up.

But 2 sizes was what I used and was perfect for 2 pairs of thick winter socks.

Makes it harder to order online unless you have tried them on here 1st

should i play it safe with these instead...?

http://www.cabelas.com/catalog/product.jsp?productId=722183&categoryId=0&parentCategoryId=0&subCategoryId=0&indexId=0&itemGUID=cbf0218bac107053382cb2b01f8cc14d&WTz_l=Header%3BSearch-All+Products&destination=/checkout/basket.jsp

5mm boot on waders... 800 gram insulation boot...

these would also double as duck hunting waders when i start doing that...

should i play it safe with these instead...?

http://www.cabelas.com/catalog/product.jsp?productId=722183&categoryId=0&parentCategoryId=0&subCategoryId=0&indexId=0&itemGUID=cbf0218bac107053382cb2b01f8cc14d&WTz_l=Header%3BSearch-All+Products&destination=/checkout/basket.jsp

5mm boot on waders... 800 gram insulation boot...

these would also double as duck hunting waders when i start doing that...

Boot foots are good when it's super cold, but you'll sweat your balls off using those in the fall. They are absolutely NOT breathable, lol.

Boot foots are good when it's super cold, but you'll sweat your balls off using those in the fall. They are absolutely NOT breathable, lol.

LMAO.....you'll sweat em' off hiking to that hard to get to hole, and then you'll freeze em off once you settle in the hole

How about going to walmart and getting a pair of hiking boots?

Works good for me. :thumbsup_anim:

That's the best advice yet, and something I've done for years. Get some inexpensive hiking boots that are two sizes larger (and perhaps a size wider) than you would normally wear. They'll only cost you about $35 and will work every bit as well as the $100+ wading boots you'll buy from a fishing store.

If Wallymart doesn't have your size, try a cheap shoe store.

I like the lug sole on hiking boots for wading, as they give a good grip on all surfaces. Some guys swear by felt soles .... they're admittedly very good on bare rock or gravel (just like a lug sole) but they're absolutely useless on mud, and that is what you find on the bottom of and along the banks of most Ontario creeks. In cold weather, felts freeze easily, so you have even less traction.

Edited by Craig_Ritchie