Digital Camera?

Pigeontroller

Dax...my wife bought me the Canon Powershot A540 for Christmas. I really like it and a BIG step up from my Kodax 210Plus. It's 6 megapixal and 4 x optical zoom. I'd love some more zoom on it...but it's simple to operate in auto. Has appature and speed priority, manual settings, portrait, landscape, night setting etc. that I still need to figure out. Also does short video clips (1 minute on high definition and longer on lower settings).

I just got the Canon Powershot A430, 4 megapixels, 4x optical zoom and I love it. I got it with 1800 airmiles reward miles so didn't really cost me a thing. Takes great pics, but like Wayne, I need to learn alot more about all the functions. But it takes good fish pics so that's all I care about :thumbsup_anim:

Joey

Which are you getting Dan?

I'll be getting a Garmin GPSMAP 60CSx. I've done my research and this is the one that I want. I have to wait to see how our contract vote goes first though. April 21st. I don't want to spend that kind of money and then find myself on the picket line a week later. We'll see how it goes.

I got dis one :)

casio_exz60_frontback-copy-2.jpg

Casio Exilim. 6.0 megapixels, 2.5" screen. About the size of a credit card and half an inch thick. I have big hands but the size doesn't make it hard to use.

I know some people are probably thinking Casio? but it's an awesome camera. My model only has 3x optical zoom, but the newer ones go higher. Has image stabilization, all kinds of colour/brightness/contrast settings as well as a "Best Shot" button for "point and click".

Definetly go with lithium batteries. I put a 2gig memory card in mine and can take close to 30mins of HQ video without swapping for the spare. They charge in under an hour.

I picked it up last June and think it was about 300 bones or a bit more? But it came with a bunch of throw-ins so was a pretty good deal.

Edited by Northhunter

Whatever you decide on, look for the new models to come out and buy last year's model. I have a Fuji S5200 and I love it, 5MP and 10x zoom but if I had waited a few months, I would have saved $150.00.

Canon, easy to use and no distortion.My friend and my sister have cameras that cost $100 more than my Canon A-530 they have well known brands yet have to often deal with fuzzy pictures out of focus.Canon is user friendly for those people who do not have a steady hand.Costco had some good deals.Good Luck with the purchase.

Panasonic DMC-FZ7 is what I recently bought.

Leica lens, 12x opti-zoom, IS. My jittery hands can take pics with the IS at max zoom easily and the IS helps in low-light conditions too.

panasonic_lumix_dmcfz7_black_2468.jpg

Glad to see that you're enjoying your new camera, Raf! Pigeon Troller & all OFNers out there looking for any type of camera equipment, I've been in this business for almost 30 years I will get you the best price possible. Feel free to contact me at [email protected]

The Canon S3IS and Panasonic FZ7 are both great cameras and you couldn't go wrong with either one! The new Olympus SP-550UZ looks pretty awesome with a 18X optical zoom, just ordered one for myself.

Regards,

Dave