Ok, I have a question regarding music downloads

Big Cliff

Sue just turned 65 and she loves music. We have bought countless CDs over the years, in many cases we have bought a CD for just one song on the whole thing. To be honest I think that sucks, I pay for a bunch of crap that I don't even want. For her 65th birthday I bought her an Ipod classic 160 and I have been trying to put her favorite songs on it for her.

There use to be a sight called limewire but from what I understand, they are closed down but what I would like to know is; are there any sites that I can get MP3 files from either for free or for a reasonable price? please PM me if you can help. Thanks!

Cliff

there are many ways to get music, bit torrents are one way but most often they are whole cds you are downloading

you can get youtube downloader and down load they right off youtube

if she has most of the songs she likes on cds you can put them in the cd player on your computer and save them on the puter, convert to mp3 then put them in the ipod folder, I think songs has in the ipod format to upload them on ipods ..someone will tell you about that

I am too cheap to buy the real deal , I buy made in china knock offs

Bite the bullet and get Itunes if you want to download music. Downloading sites and software are full of viruses and BAD quality songs.

I have stopped downloading music, and I just make playlists on you tube and groove shark.

Grooveshark is nice because you can creat an account online and make playlists WITHOUT having to dowload anything to your computer ! Only downside ... you cant put it on an MP3 player.... I have my computer connected to my home theater, so i just play the music through that.

Check it..... www.grooveshark.com !

Sue just turned 65 and she loves music. We have bought countless CDs over the years, in many cases we have bought a CD for just one song on the whole thing. To be honest I think that sucks, I pay for a bunch of crap that I don't even want. For her 65th birthday I bought her an Ipod classic 160 and I have been trying to put her favorite songs on it for her.

There use to be a sight called limewire but from what I understand, they are closed down but what I would like to know is; are there any sites that I can get MP3 files from either for free or for a reasonable price? please PM me if you can help. Thanks!

Cliff

Cliff...if you go the YouTube route, this is a great free program to convert Video to MP3 and then save the file to your computer...

keepvid

It's soooo easy to do. You just type in the YouTube link and Download. Then it asks you to save the file and you have the song. :D

If you download Itunes(I think you will be directed there 1rst time you plug Ipod into your computer)

You can transfer your tunes from your CD's,you select which tunes to transfer so you do not have to download the entire CD.Your songs will be stored in your Itunes program & when you plug in your Ipod they will be "synced" to your Ipod.

No difficult at all,you allready have the tunes so why buy more.If I figured it out anybody can.

:whistling:

Go to UTorrent.com, download the free program. Go to Peerblock.com & download the free program there.

Open Peerblock, Open Utorrent. Search google for anything you want & add torrent to the end of it. IE: BLACK SABBATH TORRENT

I stick mostly with isohunt & piratebay downloads.

Open isohunt for example and click on file you want. Note: Read the comments.People who have already downloaded will post good or bad comments.

Click on download torrent, a new window opens and you can check off what you want to download. IE: One song you like.

File shows up in utorrent window & starts to download. If you right click on the file being downloaded you can change the upload or download speed. Once download completes you will notice that the file is 'SEEDING' which means you are now helping someone else download the file. If you don't want to do this then right click & Stop.

If your download is taking forever, you can click on the option tab @ the top of the screen & you can do a 'Shutdown when download completes' & your computer will shut off when it done.

Always open Peerblock before you start downloading, it prevents unwanted users from accessing your computer. I know some guys who run it all the time when they are on their computers.

I know this seems like alot to take in, but it's actually really easy once you see it going.

Itunes please. costs less then what used to be 45's, and although Apple gets most of the $ the artists are at least getting some percentage share.

It's the right thing to do.

Agreed. I downloaded all kinds of music and movies when I was in my early teens... fact of the matter is it's stealing. I won't allow my kids to download pirated music or movies when they're old enough... They can work for their money and buy the content legally online or at the store. Besides, with all the crappy quality songs out there and the chances of viruses and such, it just isn't worth it.

The only "loop hole" that I think would be fair is if you already bought the CD and either scratched it or lost it.

Good luck

I agree 100% with iTunes. After I started to hear about cases going to court for pirating music I started to worry about it. So I wiped all of my Limewire off my computer and started using iTunes. It would be my luck that the week I retired I got nailed and they took my hard earned nest egg away from me because I was too cheap to pay a few bucks for music.

In the last year and a half Debbe & I have purchased 96 songs. iTunes are .99 cents or $1.29 a song...you do the math.

I won't even go there with regards to stealing music...others can be judge and jury on that one. Perhaps those pirating will never get caught. Maybe they will. Who knows? The route I have chosen allows me to sleep better at night. That's what's important to me.

I use itunes for downloading and to create play lists.

Upload your cds to your itunes library, you'll learn to love it.

I don't do "free" downloading much anymore, especially for artists that are less-known, or new. I don't have the heart to take their hard work for free.

torrent sites are the best. You don't need to download the entire CD either. You can check box the songs that you want to download when prompted. I usually go for the entire CD library for a particular band....like RUSH, Zeppelin, The Who, AC/DC to name few..heehee

Ya, I just figured our how to buy the individual tracks that I want from iTunes. To be honest with you for what it costs and how easy it is to do, I think I'll probably just go that route. I have already loaded the songs from every CD that we have purchased over the years there were only about 10 songs Sue wanted that we didn't already have.

Thanks again gang!

I agree 100% with iTunes. After I started to hear about cases going to court for pirating music I started to worry about it. So I wiped all of my Limewire off my computer and started using iTunes.

the purpose of these ridiculous lawsuits was to scare people away from downloading pirated music. that said, over the last 7-8 years i've had my internet shut down a few times for 2 weeks each time because of pirated software and music. but, after the 14 days was up they'd just hook me back up and i'd get right back at it. :whistling:

if you're going to download torrents you'll need to figure out how to download them so that your ISP doesn't know about it. they like to put a limit on your download speeds when downloading torrents which results in slooooow downloads. you need to go in the "back door" for MUCH faster torrent downloads :angel: :angel: :angel: