Classified Ads

solopaddler

I never reply to ads where the price is firm. I like to put in an offer and go from there. What's wrong with that?

Absolutely nothing.

Mike, I'll trade you CCMT's soul for the 13' Rainshadow :D

Sweet, done deal. I should be able to flip it on ebay for a tidy profit.

First time selling somethng on the internet? Buckle up, you're in for a bumpy ride.

No I've sold tons of stuff over the years, always the same old story. Last night I snapped after 7 pm's in less than hour all lowballing me LOL!

Haha! I know this exact pain and concur heartily. It's worse when you tell them no, and they agree to the price you asked, and then they give you less money ANYHOW! This happened to me once, and I didn't notice until after they left, but I wasn't going to go after them and start trouble for $5 or $10, whatever it was.. But wow, talk about ballsy. I count money now, of course - learned that lesson just the once.

Wow, ballsy is right LOL!

"price is $40 firm, or if you want to negotiate, $60 obo."

Perfect, I love it! :clapping:

Edited by solopaddler

I never reply to ads where the price is firm. I like to put in an offer and go from there. What's wrong with that?

I share the same concept. The majority of firm price ads I see are usually overpriced (in this case I highly doubt it) I always do my research before putting in an offer. I've been low balled several times and it can be insulting.

The majority of firm price ads I see are usually overpriced (in this case I highly doubt it) I always do my research before putting in an offer. I've been low balled several times and it can be insulting.

Yeah trust me the things I'm selling aren't even close to being overpriced.

People aren't lowballing me though. They're offering me 10 or 20 bucks less then balk when I stand firm.

It just boggles my mind that people would quibble over such a small amount of money LOL!

Iwas hoping by the time i reached the bottom of page two i'd still have some thing to add but thats right ,Remember every body wants it cheaper and they all want to dicker so you must always make your firm price higher inorder to end up with what you realy want , and thats where you take the guy after he's low balled your firm price and if he realy wants it , they have to be aloud to low ball you first then where you need to take him is in the middle were your firm price in your mind realy is , and in most case's you'll have him , its the art of buying and selling , try it next time and see how much better it feels .

I hear ya. If you think the classifieds are bad dont go anywhere near Kijiji.

lol, no kidding. the lowballers and trade propositiones on kijiji are ridicilous

"Ive got a front bumper from a 1981 dodge and a complete set of election campain buttons from the 1986 provincial election. Would you be interested in a trade?"

lol, no kidding. the lowballers and trade propositiones on kijiji are ridicilous

"Ive got a front bumper from a 1981 dodge and a complete set of election campain buttons from the 1986 provincial election. Would you be interested in a trade?"

only if you can lend them too me first so i can show them to my girlfriends step father when he gets out of AAA in a few weeks to see if there worth it or not.... LOL

I've sold several items on Kijiji in the last year and have had nothing but great luck with the sales. Infact I even posted a story here about how well one of them went.

Maybe I'm just lucky :dunno:

There's more attitude than luck involved, Lew. Some people approach buying or selling as if they were going to battle. It never goes down well.

There's more attitude than luck involved, Lew. Some people approach buying or selling as if they were going to battle. It never goes down well.

Thats right Roy , i like to be a little more suttle , heres one tho just to show how it can be , coming thru a small town last summer, on a lawn was a salt spreader , 100 or best offer , did'nt need it but picked it up for 80 , asked 750 last week on kijiji , sold sunday for 500 . Very smooth sailing ....lol .

Yeah trust me the things I'm selling aren't even close to being overpriced.

People aren't lowballing me though. They're offering me 10 or 20 bucks less then balk when I stand firm.

It just boggles my mind that people would quibble over such a small amount of money LOL!

Some people see that if they don't get the last word on the price, than the seller gets the upper hand. Thus they aren't getting their "perceived" deal or lose the battle. Whether its fairly priced or not.

That's why not going with firm pricing can avoid this. Using obo can sometimes start a bidding war if you're lucky and maybe you get more than you initially intended.

"serious inquiries only" can sometimes deter the lowballers or tirekickers...if you're lucky.

As Roy put it, things can seem like a battle over $10

it bothers me that most of these offers are based on what joe cheapo wants to pay, not what the item is worth.

the idea is to come up with a fair, market value price.

i dont mind offers from a buyer that did their homework, demonstrates other adds to show my item selling cheaper. but to offer 200 on a 500 dollar listinds without doiing some basic research on the item - go pound salt fella.

it is not worth your time responding but i usually cant help myself

Don't be offended...count yourself blessed! If i could afford the high end gear I'd buy new I wouldn't be shopping classifieds. :(

Some offers maybe all that's in the budget.

That being said I'm sure there are guys that can afford but are still cheap, but that's how they got rich in the first place.

Edited by 206

I've sold several items on Kijiji in the last year and have had nothing but great luck with the sales. Infact I even posted a story here about how well one of them went.

Maybe I'm just lucky :dunno:

You are such a tough-lookin' old bird Lew, maybe people are afraid to low-ball you...whistling.gif

Of course, after they get to know you...they realize what a softie you are...rolleyes.gif

I feel your pain Mike. I was selling a 2008 travel trailer worth 20K and I put up a "reasonable offer" comment. I had one guy offer me $1500.00. I snapped. I asked him if he new the value of the item and his reply was " I just wanted to start at $1500.00 and work my way up".

You know what's really lame?

A stupid thread like this gets more hits and responses than a report that took you hours to write.

But then that's what makes this board both good and bad.

It's the fuel that keeps the engine running.

Ryan, Dan and I were discussing that same fact last night out on the water.

Too bad the majority of the fuel is manure.

Guess it is just like news stories...everybody wants to see/hear/read the tragedies...the feel good "stuff" gets pushed to the back.

Edited by FRANKIE65

Absolutely nothing wrong with that, IMO...its the guys that want to haggle with a "firm" price. At least you just skip over it when you see firm....nothin wrong with that at all

You know what's really lame?

A stupid thread like this gets more hits and responses than a report that took you hours to write.

But then that's what makes this board both good and bad.

It's the fuel that keeps the engine running.

I think part of the reason is because there's less to discuss in a report post - you tell your story, you post your pics, and that's all there really is to it. It's appreciated and interesting, and I try to see them all, or at least most of them, but I don't comment on all of them because usually others have said all that can be said, and I rarely go back in because discussions don't usually happen much in there.. I could be way wrong about this, but that's how I look at it. I think it'd be a good idea to have NF stuff in it's own section, though, so the good stuff doesn't get pushed off the front page so easily, but that's not my call and I'm sure there's a reason why it isn't.