chinook ?????

chessy

Maybe it's a pinook? These hybrids were first identified in the St Mary's River in 1992 and have characteristics of both pink and chinook but the white gums are typical. Not real common but they do show up where both pinks and chinooks spawn. What area was this fish caught in?

Most of the Chinho's that have been caught are next impossible to tell with out genetic testing it seems like each year the New York DEC goes through this with a reported world record Coho.

BTW nice Coho

Dan

Theres no doubt that there has been interspecies relations going on in the great lakes between salmonoids.

I've caught a couple over the years that didn't 100% meet the criteria of of species or another. Last fall my friend caught what I'm almost positive was a pinook on southern Gbay.

this fish was caught in the ganaraska river .. we used to have pink salmon runs years ago... but not in the last 15-20 years... trying to get guy to send a bigger file of fish.. i was not there and am pissed was not.. . might be able to post a bigger picture of fish