Ron at it Again

Thought i'd share this local article....If its been posted already i am sorry.

egew9w42.jpg

Cobourg resident Ron Reyns got his wish for a second time. A ticket from Commissionaire Dwayne Labrosse while fishing on the east wall in Cobourg Harbour on Tuesday. Previously Reyns was issued a ticket, but it was dismissed from court after it was filled out improperly. Reyns has always maintained it is legal to fish inside Cobourg Harbour contrary to municipal bylaws and looks forward to a court date

Edited by 206

Hey all.

Yes it seems like the Town of Cobourg is quite adamant about not fishing in the harbour. The bylaw enforcement officer who gave me the ticket is fully aware of the last sentence in bylaw #064 2010. He was told from "higher up" to issue me the ticket and only print out the abbreviated portion on the ticket.

I will give an update when I get a court date.

Hey all.

Yes it seems like the Town of Cobourg is quite adamant about not fishing in the harbour. The bylaw enforcement officer who gave me the ticket is fully aware of the last sentence in bylaw #064 2010. He was told from "higher up" to issue me the ticket and only print out the abbreviated portion on the ticket.

Ron you are doing a good thing here. What a load of crap.What is the peoples problem? I dont think it,s the Town of Cobourg, thats giving you the shaft,it,s those that think they can have what they want. The stuck up snob,big boat,I got money dont bother me,do what we say,fkers.

You won the last by a "filled out improperly" I dought it. They know they are wrong. If I were there.I would put a posting/flag,kids fishing day on the pier.BBQ hotdogs.Lets see who haves the heart to say no then.

To add to this.

Tim Hortons has thier kids fishing day. Here at the marina,there are no fishing signs on the pier and docks,BUT,it,s allowed during this event.

What a joke.

Good luck. Im sure you will make a difference.

Hey all.

Fight the good fight Ron!!

Hey all.

Unbelievable and downright ridiculous!!

Gotta wonder at what point this becomes harrasment? If this turns out the same as the last one.......?

Good on ya Ron - add me to your list of sponsors for the "Right to Fish" defense fund - I'm good for a C note if needed.

Edited by spincast

Ron, keep on trucking bud!! This is total utter Bull!!!! You know you are in the right with regards to this and if another bylaw officer busts your chops, just let him know that you will be seeing him too in court and that you will be filing a complaint with the Cobourg Police Department for harassment. This is nonsense and has me PO'd now to no end.

• 2 weeks later...