Fish Skinner

Skipper D

I'd say many of you have never seen one of thease and again many of you have , its just a tool that makes your life alot easyer put get this , this one in my picture that i use is about 35 years old and its time for a new one , so the other day i stoped in at Pro Bass and thats right , they don't have them , any know where you could buy one north of Toronto ? , i'd hate to have to drive to the Quebec boarder to get a nother one where i know they sell then off the shelve at the CTS over that way ...............Darn , i thought i uploaded a picture here , then just type in "Townsend Fish Skinner" on the net and a picture of one should show up if you'd like to see what i'am talkingabout , if you don't have one of thease am sure after seeing you will ...........for know i better get to work .

Edited by Skipper " D "

Is that the same thing this guy is using in his "original" way to fillet his fish? Fillet a fish? <-guy is from Quebec, coincidence? I think not.

I think the reason you can only find it in Quebec is that they have to do things different.

Why not leave a bit of the tail attached and run your knife along the underside of the skin when the skin is lying on the counter?

I think the reason you can only find it in Quebec is that they have to do things different.

The correct way to write that would be "to do things differently." You're looking for an adverb here answering the question "how". The answer is "differently". Yes, we do things differently here. :)

Call Townsend Engineering in Iowa. They'll tell you where to buy one in your area.

The correct way to write that would be "to do things differently." You're looking for an adverb here answering the question "how". The answer is "differently". Yes, we do things differently here. smile.gif

Call Townsend Engineering in Iowa. They'll tell you where to buy one in your area.

rofl2.gifrofl2.gifrofl2.gif

The correct way to write that would be "to do things differently." You're looking for an adverb here answering the question "how". The answer is "differently". Yes, we do things differently here. :)

haha...I was quoting the guy on you tube. Yes, he does things differently!

At least you are propping up the Quebec brand. Do you know that guy?

they stopped selling em in the cornwall area as well... good thing i have 3... :thumbsup_anim:

should last me my lifetime...

musky Mike , my brother Baby La La lives in Cornwall and said he saw them still at CTS just the other day , was he seeing things , growing up in Cornwall my self i know thease skinners are awsome , any way do your know this brother of mine , lives just off the north end of McCONNEL in the back on Gerard street i think it is , like to fish for walleye when he's not polishing the boat .....................

musky Mike , my brother Baby La La lives in Cornwall and said he saw them still at CTS just the other day , was he seeing things , growing up in Cornwall my self i know thease skinners are awsome , any way do your know this brother of mine , lives just off the north end of McCONNEL in the back on Gerard street i think it is , like to fish for walleye when he's not polishing the boat .....................

But hey ! Thanks every one for the help , come hell or high water i'll find one and i'll be the fastest getting the skin off ............

The skinners are handy for small walleye and perch...

I think it's cause if the perch in lake st Francis that made them popular in this area...

This will should how old and how long some have been at it with this tool .....lol. , i first saw the TOWNSEND SKINNER in the mid sixty's , at that time i was driving and fishing the St Lawrence when perch fishing there was way better then it is now .

I'd say many of you have never seen one of thease and again many of you have , its just a tool that makes your life alot easyer put get this , this one in my picture that i use is about 35 years old and its time for a new one , so the other day i stoped in at Pro Bass and thats right , they don't have them , any know where you could buy one north of Toronto ? , i'd hate to have to drive to the Quebec boarder to get a nother one where i know they sell then off the shelve at the CTS over that way ...............Darn , i thought i uploaded a picture here , then just type in "Townsend Fish Skinner" on the net and a picture of one should show up if you'd like to see what i'am talkingabout , if you don't have one of thease am sure after seeing you will ...........for know i better get to work .

Bass Pro dont sell the TOWNSEND skinner but they do carry their own brand, same concept, a lot less money compare to the TOWNSEND.