Great read on the Aurora Trout

TJQ

I spent 6 months watching ebay to get the chance to buy the original 1925 story of the discovery and subsequent naming of the Aurora trout. Finally got the magazine and had a chance to add it to my site. Its a great read for anyone who loves the Temagami (Timagami back then) area and this fascinating (at least to me) fish. These gents sure went though alot to get to those fish!!! I doubt this original account has been read in 85 years or so by very many people. ENJOY!!

Story of the discovery of the Aurora Trout

img11.gif

Congrats on getting the original article;it was an extremely interesting read!

The first time I had heard about this species was around 1980 in an Ontario Out of Doors article and the Aurora Trout has interested me since then.

I wonder how things might have played out if Mr. Rinkenbach hadn't been so persistent?

And;

Thank You for your persistence in getting the article and making it accessible.

Finally took the time to read that....what a treat! There's no two ways about it....nothing compares to those old articles. I love the author's description of the fight when he caught his first one...."justifiable suicide" made me laugh. His description of Trout Fever in the middle of winter....and "the land of Soda-Pop and Safety Razors".

There is simply something magical about the North....this article has got me all stirred up to go now!

Thanks TJ, for digging it up and sharing it with us thumbsup_anim.gif