Sunsets...

IMG_0805.jpg

Reason Number 3

Big Fish...(47 incher)

IMG_0785.jpg

Letting her go....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LxKhV6qIxOw

Reason Number 4

Seeing a bald eagle steal a fish from an osprey in mid air and then seeing three more eagles come in to watch...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NeMT6h_AuPY

Was so great seeing you Jim and your wonderful family. I had never met or had a chance to talk with Sue before and had a great time getting to know her :thumbsup_anim: She's great!!!

Glad we had great few days enjoying your company and were thrilled you got that beauty muskie.

As you know our plans were to take us to LSC this week, but the wind Gods would have none of that. After two days of trying to decide what to do, we will be heading back up to Lakair for the remander of our holiday, but in a cabin this time ;)

C'mon up and join us if you want, we got the big one with the fire pit so lots of extra room :good:

Cheers,

Joey

Was so great seeing you Jim and your wonderful family. I had never met or had a chance to talk with Sue before and had a great time getting to know her :thumbsup_anim: She's great!!!

Glad we had great few days enjoying your company and were thrilled you got that beauty muskie.

As you know our plans were to take us to LSC this week, but the wind Gods would have none of that. After two days of trying to decide what to do, we will be heading back up to Lakair for the remander of our holiday, but in a cabin this time ;)

C'mon up and join us if you want, we got the big one with the fire pit so lots of extra room :good:

Cheers,

Joey

Joey, it was great having you and Paul as neighbours!! We enjoyed having you guys there. You made a good call in leaving when you guys did cause Saturday was wet and Sunday ended up being windy and cold. Sue had an an unfortunate run in with a bees nest on our site (you know where the telephone pole is..) she ended up getting stung about 25 times :(. She's Ok, but still shooken up....pretty sure we are going to be changing sites going forward.

Living here, I can add a few pictures...

Osprey leaving it's perch

P9013986.jpg

Bald Eagle (fuzzy shot but the best I've got so far)

P8303969.jpg

Golden eagle on perch

P9042082.jpg

Loon

P6301275.jpg

And a sunset (Don't get up early enough for sunrises, I'm retired)

P9130115.jpg

Ah yes. Sunrise, sunset, and everything else in between. Can't wait to get back up there ... will have to for a while yet. Great to see you caught one too. Seems like the big girls out there are hungry this year.

Paul/Joey ... your turn !!!!!!

Edited by Rich Clemens

Congrats on a very nice fish Jim, and the pics & videos turned out great. Really enjoyed the eagle/osprey encounter.

As I told you on the phone last night, I darned near came back up for another week but just had too much doing around here.

Scary stuff with Sue & the bee's too but it sounds like she got over it OK.

Oh yeah, the boat looks real good in Joey's picture too :good:

Edited by lew

Thanks for the replies folks.

Lew- it would have been great to see you up there. As I said last night, we'll probably switch it to the time you guys are going up next year. I still haven't fished in that Skeeter of yours yet, I want u to net another 50 for me :w00t: You and I have pretty good luck when we go out together, we've only been skunked once and that was cause of that hail storm !!!

Ned- Yeah we were in our usual spot. We were kind of wondering if we might see you guys last week.