Took a friend fishing

Cudz

I invited a non-fishing friend to go out for a morning on Simcoe. He was pumped and went out and bought his conservation fishing license last night. He also told the ctc staff member that he was fishing for bass and was convinced to drop $40 on topwater weedless frogs, including one koppers. Now I love frog and frog fishing but for anyone who has ever fished smallies on Simcoe you know that there may be one or two better lures than that. lol.

He was so excited every time he had a fish on. He was all smiles with every bite and fish landed. He absolutely loved it and is hooked.

It turned out to be a gorgeous morning.

Anyway, fishing was fun and between us we managed 15 smallies(nothing big just a bunch of 2s), about 30 perch and one rock bass (early topwater victim). I also witnessed my friend catch not one but two of the smallest smallies I have ever seen caught on a lure(he caught two identical 3" smallies.) PS -- Personal smallest.

I kept 8 jumbo perch between 10.5" and 12" and once home cleaned thema and immediately fried them up. Yum! I generally don't eat lots of fish but I love perch.

Early morning topwater smallie for me

eric1.jpg

Eric with his first decent fish

eric2.jpg

Eric with another

eric3.jpg

Eric's PS - incredibly small

eric4.jpg

....and there I was cleaning the damn garage when you drove by :)

Good job Chris! Nothing like getting someone hooked on fishing!

lol! When I honked I was wondering what you were doing. I thought you might be unpacking from your fishing trip. Looks like you had a good amount of "stuff" in your garage.

Good one , I know what it is like to catch that small one,, we were getting skunked on one lake ,in one little area i was getting nibbles and i knew they were small sunfish or something but i was determined to get one,took about a half hour but got one ,and probable about the same size as the one above, but i wasnt skunked and we left that area , my buddy killing himself laughing as we tried a different area.