Ideas for a friendly wager

Oryx

Here goes,

2 friends and myself will be heading down to the BOQ on the 29th for the day. Being slightly competetive, we are trying to come up with a decent bet on who gets the largest fish.

Last time we went out, there were only 2 of us and the bet was: Whomever gets the largest fish, the loser has to cook dinner for the winner and his family. We enjoyed a nice steak and salmon dinner. What made this even more special was that I won on his home lake.

Cheers

J

Here goes,

2 friends and myself will be heading down to the BOQ on the 29th for the day. Being slightly competetive, we are trying to come up with a decent bet on who gets the largest fish.

Last time we went out, there were only 2 of us and the bet was: Whomever gets the largest fish, the loser has to cook dinner for the winner and his family. We enjoyed a nice steak and salmon dinner. What made this even more special was that I won on his home lake.

Cheers

J

Who ever wins sleep with the other person's wife ehehhe jokes thumbsup_anim.gif

The loser has to sort out, clean and cataloge the winners tackle. Including boat if owned.

Good idea. Unfortunaltley I have a small bit of O.C.D. They are meticulous....that and I'm not gonna lose.

The other idea that i floated was the losers will have to cover Green fees, wings and beer at a late date

The losers have to wash, wax and detail the winners car. They can do it themsleves or pay to have it done.

I like it!...Why did i just get the Subaru Forester commercial with the Sumo guys pop into my mind

If this is something that will become tradition, why not get a trophy with a name plate on it that can be added to each year? Winner keeps the trophy all year and brings it back the next year? Call it bragging rights! Loser(s) pays for the engraving! :thumbsup_anim:

If this is something that will become tradition, why not get a trophy with a name plate on it that can be added to each year? Winner keeps the trophy all year and brings it back the next year? Call it bragging rights! Loser(s) pays for the engraving! thumbsup_anim.gif

I go on a trip every year for a week and we have a trophy too and points for each fish. The points work over a week long trip, but for a day I think a trophy with the biggest fish weight and name of the angler that caught it is a good idea. My uncle won it last year and whenever I had to go to his house I cringed because I knew that trophy was on the mantle staring me in the face.

I like the trophy idea. Hmmm, I wonder how the wife would feel when I take down our wedding pic and put this baby up

It's really easy too... I think I spent about $40 on our trophy... got a bass figure at bass pro, took it to a trophy store and they mounted it on a small base for me that would fit about 10-12 years worth of winner plates. Cost about $10 for that and they even engraved a name for our challenge on it. If it lasts longer than that, i can just add another bigger base to it and keep the tradition going.

i love the suggestions. There will be a trophy, but not until after labour day. Also, I will definately be posting some pics. i may even have pics of the other 2 guys wearing Sumo suits washing my car:rofl2:

I won an ugly pewter cowboy belt buckle in the emerald ilse tournie one year, it is now our annual prize for the boys weekend. The winner gets the belt for the year and the right to wear throught-out the year at other get togethers to rub it in.

Also, the champ does not have to do dishes while they hold the belt, ever.

Edited by Harrison

Loser has to wear a t-shirt with the winning fish and fisherman on it. Loser pays for the shirt and printing on it. My wife and I have a couple shirts with each other on them and the loser has to wear it to a family function and explain why they have a picture of them holding a fish. It's fun

So we decided on what the bet will be.

Losers have to go up on Stage at the Boo...Figured that we will be in a boat and handling bait and fish all day, our wives wouldn't be able to pick up their scent........JK,

We decided that the winner will get green fees, beer and wings from the runner ups.

Since I do not plan on losing, does anyone have any tips for the BOQ (telegraph Narrows) that they can share?

When my group gets together on quinte every year we have a $5.00 ante and biggest fish of the trip takes all. We also have a daily game we call DRINK BOY. The smallest fish of the day caught, the dude has to get beer and make drinks for the rest of the gang when they need one. Hey DRINK BOY I'll have another Wisers and Pepsi, lots of ice when you get a minute. haha. Lots of ribbin going on there towards the DRINK BOY but everyone has their day.

When my group gets together on quinte every year we have a $5.00 ante and biggest fish of the trip takes all. We also have a daily game we call DRINK BOY. The smallest fish of the day caught, the dude has to get beer and make drinks for the rest of the gang when they need one. Hey DRINK BOY I'll have another Wisers and Pepsi, lots of ice when you get a minute. haha. Lots of ribbin going on there towards the DRINK BOY but everyone has their day.

That would be pretty sweet, but it will just be the 3 of us. I will also get a trophy made up later in the yr, Try to keep this going. I believe this will become a tradition:thumbsup_anim: