nanofil - opinions pls

Cudz

I'm thinking about trying it and replacing the braid on one of my spinning set-ups.

This is off there website: http://www.berkley-f...om/line/nanoFil

Not a Mono. Not a Braid. The Next Generation of Fishing line. NanoFil is made out of gel-spun polyethylene, much like a superline. This ultimate spinning reel fishing line consists of hundreds of Dyneema® nanofilaments that are molecularly linked and shaped into a unified filament fishing line. Dyneema, The World's Strongest Fiber™, gives this line superline type strength and our uni-filament process makes it feel and handle like a smooth monofilament

I think I know what I'll be running on my pin this fall.

Edited by GoneFishin

I might be checking the Downtown TO one tomorrow and I will be checking the 2 Whitby stores tomorrow as well.

Leaves about 3 hours for work... about right for a Friday. Get me some ss pinapple chicken while you're out!

Edited by irishfield

Leaves about 3 hours for work... about right for a Friday. Get me some ss pinapple chicken while you're out!

LOL! :rolleyes:

Can't, had lunch out yesterday and I'm getting some new stuff from etackle tomorrow... :whistling:

as for Oryx, check the flyer that came in the local paper today. it's listed there and not on the web site yet.

They say it doesn't have memory BUT I think if you are going to put this new line on you might want to let the spool of line sit in a warm bucket of water before you spool it on the reel. Just in case...

I do love my spinning outfits, going to give it a shot. Let's see if this one lives up to the hype. Although I'm still not suffering from the guide wrapping on the Suffix 832.

This Nanofil might just be the ticket for the young lads, if it lives up to the claim of non-twisting, tangling. Think we'll spool up a reel or two for the trip up north.

I know I'm going to try it...I've been waiting for an excuse to replace that stark white, line twisting, guide wrapping braided crapola called Suffix. Did I mention guide wrapping??? Grrrrrr

You and me both. Not to mention the color bleeding.Looks like i have a spool of pee stained twine on my reel.wallbash.gif

i'm interested in hearing how the Nanofil works. I'm still very happy though with my Suffix 832.

Just a thought, anyone having issues with guide wrapping should try to keep a closer eye on there line. Once I started paying attention, it never happens anymore. Same with my kids, and lord knows they used to have wind knots and guide wrapping down to a T, lol

Bought Nano-fil ($39.00US for 300 yards) when I went to the states last month and used it on Nipissing for pickerel a few weeks ago. Sensitivity wise, it is no different than my old fireline that i have on my other rod. It has a nice silky feel to it, and not like thread for the fireline. It casts further using the same 3/8" jig as compared to the fireline. It doesn't twist after a day of jigging, but neither does fireline. So essientially it is just a new type of fireline at triple the price. BTW the price in CTC is probably for the 115 yd spool.

Ok, Got the line, start reading the box.Says its for spinning reels.Humm. I wonder if it can be used successfully on a Bait Caster.dunno.gif Guess i'll have to try it.

Garry2Rs, where are you when i need youthumbsup_anim.gif

Think the main concern with it on baitcasters is "line dig" on the spool.