frabill nets

sconceptor

Hey, I just ordered a 30x32 Frabill Power Stow and Go from Cabela's. It's got a 42"deep net, and says it's good for bass/eyes/pike/skis. I'd sort of like the next size up which is like 38", but don't know where to get one. Can anybody help me out?

For the big 50+ inche musky would you think a 30x32 net that's 42" deep create a decent pen to net the fish and keep it comfortable in the water? It's likely going to be curled up a bit, but hopefully not stressed too much. What do you big musky fisherman think of a net the size of the 30x32x42deep?

I was at basspro in the spring and they carried this series of nets. I don't know the size they had, and their website doesn't mention that they carry them. Does the Toronto store ship directly if I called and ordered? For the price of gas to get to Vaughan, it's easier to just pay the shipping and charges from Cabela's. I wouldn't mind a slightly bigger net though.

Thanks guys and gals!

30 x 32 is the same as TS94 in Stowmaster. It is rated for musky but smaller.

I picked up the 36 x 38 at Lebarons. Was a special order so had to wait, but they do have them.

You could also go to JB's fishing depot and get the same version in a stowmaster. Expect they have it in stock so wouldn't have to wait.. It's the same (arguably better) net as the power stow..

Always hand landed pike until J.P. Bushey set me straight in May 2005. Got a huge Frabill, and big is surely the way to go. Better for me and absolutely great for the fish.

Thick netting doesn't remove slime from fish. Makes it a chore lifting from water, but worth the extra effort.

I have a big kahuna from frabill and I got it from Stacy @ protackle, I love it! However its huge and takes up a lot of room in the boat, but you don't even have to bring the fish out of the water and can therefore take your time getting the hooks out!

keep your hooks sharp!

You know you can store a net in a rod holder too if you are just casting or trolling slow, right? I have a 14' tinny and my net can hold a high 40" musky and it's not in my way. eTackle.ca can order you what ever you need too. I just ordered a few lures from Phil that they don't carry but he could get them and got them for me at a better price then others around could offer too. Just a thought and no, I don't work with or for the folks at etackel.ca to set the record straight.

All I can tell you is buy the big Stowmaster and be sure to get the "tennis bag" that goes with it to retain the net neatly. It takes up so little room folded that you'll never take it out of the boat even if you're just planning to fish for perch.

As for JB's.. go in serious to buy some stuff and ask Brian what his best price is. I wouldn't be mailing/driving and chasing an item that size for a $50 savings. Who knows.. maybe JB's price includes the bag and Amazon doesn't.

All I can tell you is buy the big Stowmaster and be sure to get the "tennis bag" that goes with it to retain the net neatly. It takes up so little room folded that you'll never take it out of the boat even if you're just planning to fish for perch.

As for JB's.. go in serious to buy some stuff and ask Brian what his best price is. I wouldn't be mailing/driving and chasing an item that size for a $50 savings. Who knows.. maybe JB's price includes the bag and Amazon doesn't.

Worth a call to double check but I doubt it. Maybe we can do an OFC group buy lol

ProTackleMuskyShop and Stacy are about the only Frabill dealer in Ontario. I emailed him, he has want I want in stock and it's coming my way, the 44x40 power stow.....Now to look forward to 3 days in the Kawartha's mid September for a few 40-45inchers I hope(maybe bigger). Then come October I'll get to fish some big musky areas for a few days. Released a healthy 53" from my boat, a few falls ago, so hopefully I'm due again. Mix in some bass fishing each time, and hopefully get some football sized smallies or a 5+lb bucketmouth. My local river produced another decent smallie the other day. One that's from the tip of the fingers to the inside tip of my elbow, which is between 19.5 to 20inches. I can't say for sure I've got a bass over 20inches, but I've got about 10 the past few years in the 4lb range locally. Only about a 4lb bucket in the Kawartha's is my pb. I'd like to put up a few pb's this fall, then come November and December school some steelhead and luck into a 10lber plus. Use the boat locally for some fall runs at the river mouths too.

I'm jonesin' to book a week trip to a remote cabin next spring too, haven't done a full week or remote trip in 2years! Got 3buddies confirmed, just need one more and I'm booking it!

FISH ON!

ProTackleMuskyShop and Stacy are about the only Frabill dealer in Ontario. I emailed him, he has want I want in stock and it's coming my way, the 44x40 power stow.....Now to look forward to 3 days in the Kawartha's mid September for a few 40-45inchers I hope(maybe bigger). Then come October I'll get to fish some big musky areas for a few days. Released a healthy 53" from my boat, a few falls ago, so hopefully I'm due again. Mix in some bass fishing each time, and hopefully get some football sized smallies or a 5+lb bucketmouth. My local river produced another decent smallie the other day. One that's from the tip of the fingers to the inside tip of my elbow, which is between 19.5 to 20inches. I can't say for sure I've got a bass over 20inches, but I've got about 10 the past few years in the 4lb range locally. Only about a 4lb bucket in the Kawartha's is my pb. I'd like to put up a few pb's this fall, then come November and December school some steelhead and luck into a 10lber plus. Use the boat locally for some fall runs at the river mouths too.

I'm jonesin' to book a week trip to a remote cabin next spring too, haven't done a full week or remote trip in 2years! Got 3buddies confirmed, just need one more and I'm booking it!

FISH ON!

That is a giant net! That is a great price at $219 CDN its bigger than the 116y stowmaster.

Does the Frabill Power Stow have the option of the "tennis bag" and was it included in that price? After losing a couple of musky at the boat this summer I am going to bite the bullet and pick up a monster net.

Irishfield, when did you pick your's up from JB's?

The bag with the Stowmaster makes the boat so neat you'll never take that huge net out of the boat. So it's always there the day you tag into that 60 lb Lake Trout the day your fishing for pickeral!

I got mine about 3 years ago.. came with the bag but it may have been a promo. I looked last night on line and the bag is a $34.99 option.

Jb's has the 116y stowmaster for $230 and in stock. I think they want too much you can order one off amazon for $180 if you are close to border.

Anyone have an in at jb's for a discount???

It is $200 from the stowmaster website....yes $230 seems too high....but then again canadians are used to getting gouged.