Lund reno

Jigger

Well, got around to working on the old girl today. Started out by finishing some braces and small knick-knacky stuff that didn't warrant any pics, one brace that was bugging me got fixed...

IMG_0299.jpg

Once the small stuff was out of the way, we got to cutting some plywood. Marking the doors to match the aluminum tubes was tricky but manageable. Also, I had to change plans midway due to a possible weakness if I constructed the rear platform by just adding another panel to the existing ones. So I had to remove all the existing bench panels that were there and decided to cut a full piece for the back...

IMG_0298.jpg

IMG_0303.jpg

Heres some pics of the front section...

IMG_0301.jpg

IMG_0302.jpg

I nixed the spinnerbait tray in the front as well, there was barely enough room for a spinnerbait by itself. If I put a trailer and hook on there they really bunched up and got caught on each other. A little dissapointing, but no big deal.

I brought all the plywood inside to get it ready for carpeting tomorrow. all I have to do beforehand is cut the hinges and were off to the races! Well, there IS still a bilge pump to install before the rear platform goes on, but I can still carpet the decking and doors.

Thanks for reading. Take it easy.

Looks like a whole new boat, nice job.

Yup if it's not marine grade, slap some sealer on the wood and use marine carpet. Unless you really like building the deck and installing carpet, than you can build a new one every 3 or 4 years :D .

Edited by GbayGiant

Thanks guys. Bookoo, its expensive stuff. But its there forever. No rust, no flex. I saved on plywood and carpet, and they can be dealt with at any time if they need to be replaced. The frame will hopefully last as long as the boat does.

Thanks for the kind words guys. Glen, I don't think I'm going to get aluminum for the doors. Too expensive at this point. If/when I redo the deck in a couple of yrs, I will probably get the 3/4 marine grade ply. In that case I'd think about aluminum hatches due to the extra weight of the ply. But not this time. GCD thanks for the link. Some good info on lesser quality ply degrading marine grade carpet. That'll come in handy in the future. Take it easy.