Drinking 0.5% alcohol beer on a boat...

Rae

You don't need 50 beers to get drunk.

You might need 50 near beers to get drunk....but it'd be impossible to drink 50 near-beers.

My point is it'd be physically impossible to drink enough near-beers to get drunk. You can't physically consume that much.

Get it?

You can't even drink as many near-beers as beer....because the beer dehydrates you. Coffee and soda as well.

Edited by cram

More like 10 cans...

How many have you had today? :oops:

It seems like most of the 0.5% beer actually doesn't have 0.5%... most have less... like 0.1% I saw a chart that had all the percentages.

Another poster earlier said they just label them at 0.5% because have to or something.

So drinking 50 near beers will kill you, but 50 beers won't. I have been enlighted.

He just means you couldn't drink 50 non-alcoholic beers and get drunk in the boat...

Like, try as hard you want... but you'll never get drunk off the stuff.

I think I even saw something on tv where they did try.. maybe it was Mythbusters...

Well fellas...interesting topic???

I can tell you from first hand experience that I have gone through 2 RIDE programs with a near beer in the console, blatently visible and indicated to the officer. No real booze in the system, I have a long drive every day and I like beer, and they did not have a problem. If they had asked for a roadside test I would have been more than happy to oblige as I am actually quite curious as to the results.

As far as the boat is concerned I am sure that if you had no 'real' booze in the boat there should be no problem. If there was a problem then don't worry about it cause I highly doubt a court of law would find you guilty of anything except wasting their time and our money.

Just my 2 cents. Not a lawyer,doctor,scientist, or cop... but I think I am on the right track.

Just don't drink 50 or your fishing partner is gonna be pissed, at your pissing.

Have at' ER!!! She's all good.

You don't need 50 beers to get drunk.

You might need 50 near beers to get drunk....but it'd be impossible to drink 50 near-beers.

My point is it'd be physically impossible to drink enough near-beers to get drunk. You can't physically consume that much.

Get it?

You can't even drink as many near-beers as beer....because the beer dehydrates you. Coffee and soda as well.

You think a 5% alcohol content makes that much of a difference? LOL!!!

You make it sound like I could drink 10 normal beers, but couldn't come even close to drinking that same amount in water.

Seriously man, think about it for a second.. Beer is 95% water!!!!

Amateurs, all of you.................rofl2.gif

Before i almost died, i would drink 12-14 beers from 6 till 11.30 pm.Every weeknite. On the weekends, i could easily put away 2 cases of 24 per day.Easily, and without feeling bloated.The AVERAGE person could not do that. People like me have a natural tolerance of alcohol,which decreases the longer we keep drinking.

So, yes you can drink 50 cans of near beer, or any other liquid for that matter. But why would you want to. If you are drinking them cause you like them, and prefer them to soft drink, then Bravo to you!!! Enjoy !!

But if you are drinking them cause they help you get by until you get home to the real stuff...then....whistling.gif maybe you should be asking yourself a few questions.

You think a 5% alcohol content makes that much of a difference? LOL!!!

You make it sound like I could drink 10 normal beers, but couldn't come even close to drinking that same amount in water.

Seriously man, think about it for a second.. Beer is 95% water!!!!

Beer dehydrates you as you drink it - drink a litre, lose more than a litre in pee.

When you drink near beer or water, you don't dehydrate faster than you take it in. In fact, its even possible to die from drinking too much water if you're taking it in way faster than your kidneys can get rid of it.

Edited by cram

Beer dehydrates you as you drink it - drink a litre, lose more than a litre in pee.

When you drink near beer or water, you don't dehydrate faster than you take it in. In fact, its even possible to die from drinking too much water if you're taking it in way faster than your kidneys can get rid of it.

When something acts as a diuretic, such as alcohol, it doesn't necessarily mean you'll lose more fluid than one has taken in.

"drink a litre, lose more than a litre in pee" is a ignorant statement.

I see where you are coming from, but alot of your statements are false.

Water is also a diuretic, and if you somehow managed to measure water intake vs. water loss, or should I say fluid loss, they would not be equal, nor would water loss be greater.

and drinking 50 near beers would not likely kill you, unless there was pending medical issues or ridiculous circumstances involved.

Amateurs, all of you.................rofl2.gif

Before i almost died, i would drink 12-14 beers from 6 till 11.30 pm.Every weeknite. On the weekends, i could easily put away 2 cases of 24 per day.Easily, and without feeling bloated.The AVERAGE person could not do that. People like me have a natural tolerance of alcohol,which decreases the longer we keep drinking.

So, yes you can drink 50 cans of near beer, or any other liquid for that matter. But why would you want to. If you are drinking them cause you like them, and prefer them to soft drink, then Bravo to you!!! Enjoy !!

But if you are drinking them cause they help you get by until you get home to the real stuff...then....whistling.gif maybe you should be asking yourself a few questions.

You can't drink that much...not in any time-frame that would allow for the alcohol in Non-Alcoholic Beer to take effect.

Also, most Non-Alcoholic Beer falls way under the 0.5% mark... so if you're trying to get drunk off the wrong brand you're twice as stupid if not more.

Also, drinking too much water reasonably fast (like 50 cans of water or not even that much) can also cause serious problems... messes with the electrolytes/metabolism/chemistry/blah blah blah... just don't do it.

Edited by RyanT

You can't drink that much...not in any time-frame that would allow for the alcohol in Non-Alcoholic Beer to take effect.

Also, most Non-Alcoholic Beer falls way under the 0.5% mark... so if you're trying to get drunk off the wrong brand you're twice as stupid if not more.

Also, drinking too much water reasonably fast (like 50 cans of water or not even that much) can also cause serious problems... messes with the electrolytes/metabolism/chemistry/blah blah blah... just don't do it.

So can two cans of pop, if you want to hyper inflate an argument, lol.

If you drink 2 500ml bottles of water, per hour, for a 24 hour period, the odds of any adverse effects would be slim to none. Maybe lack of sleep due to frequent urination???

Nobody is going to drink 50 near beers anyways, not in one day anyhow. So how did this thread get so off topic???

If you really want an answer to the original question, call the MNR or police and ask them.

[/b]

So can two cans of pop, if you want to hyper inflate an argument, lol.

If you drink 2 500ml bottles of water, per hour, for a 24 hour period, the odds of any adverse effects would be slim to none. Maybe lack of sleep due to frequent urination???

Nobody is going to drink 50 near beers anyways, not in one day anyhow. So how did this thread get so off topic???

If you really want an answer to the original question, call the MNR or police and ask them.

Wow, you've missed the point buddy... just right over your head.

For someone to get drunk off Non-Alcoholic Beer they would have to consume (let's speculate and say 50 beers is the drunk mark) 50 beers in like 30 minutes... nobody can physically do that with NA Beer or with water. (Google Hyper-hydration, buddy)

Now you ask how this thread got so off topic... well, it WAS on topic until your post actually. I've highlighted the parts of your post that do not help... there's a serious logic and comprehension fail on your part in your main point with respect to what has been discussed.

Edited by RyanT

Wow, you've missed the point buddy... just right over your head.

For someone to get drunk off Non-Alcoholic Beer they would have to consume (let's speculate and say 50 beers is the drunk mark) 50 beers in like 30 minutes... nobody can physically do that with NA Beer or with water. (Google Hyper-hydration, buddy)

Now you ask how this thread got so off topic... well, it WAS on topic until your post actually. I've highlighted the parts of your post that do not help... there's a serious logic and comprehension fail on your part in your main point with respect to what has been discussed.

lol

if the question WAS can one actually get drunk off near beer, well, simple logic will tell you the answer."So I was thinking how nice it would be to have a cold 0.5% beer on the boat while fishing and remain within the law, or is anything above 0.0% too much?"

But I did re-read my post and realize it came off kinda idiot-ish, for that I apologize, 28 nights of 12 hour shifts can do that to a person, hehe.

Edited by manitoubass2

lol

if the question WAS can one actually get drunk off near beer, well, simple logic will tell you the answer."So I was thinking how nice it would be to have a cold 0.5% beer on the boat while fishing and remain within the law, or is anything above 0.0% too much?"

But I did re-read my post and realize it came off kinda idiot-ish, for that I apologize, 28 nights of 12 hour shifts can do that to a person, hehe.

Congrats on acting the fool. Maybe (obvious) you shouldn't have been working...

lol

LOL is right...

Look at what you wrote and what your're trying to prove.

You are LOL....