how big

chessy

George W. Perry, a 19-year old farm boy, caught what was to become America's most famous fish. The twenty-two pound four ounce largemouth bass (Micropterus salmoides) exceeded the existing record by more than two pounds and has retained the world record for more than fifty years. Perry and his friend, J. E. Page, were fishing in Montgomery Lake, a slough off the Ocmulgee River, not for trophies but to bring food to the table during those days of the great depression. The fish was caught on a Creek Chub Perch Scale Wigglefish, Perry's only lure, and was 32 1/2 inches in length and 28 1/2 inches in girth.

George W. Perry, a 19-year old farm boy, caught what was to become America's most famous fish. The twenty-two pound four ounce largemouth bass (Micropterus salmoides) exceeded the existing record by more than two pounds and has retained the world record for more than fifty years. Perry and his friend, J. E. Page, were fishing in Montgomery Lake, a slough off the Ocmulgee River, not for trophies but to bring food to the table during those days of the great depression. The fish was caught on a Creek Chub Perch Scale Wigglefish, Perry's only lure, and was 32 1/2 inches in length and 28 1/2 inches in girth.

Well there you go...about 22 lbs or so.

Well there you go...about 22 lbs or so.

haha I was going to post that I don't think there has ever been a 30 inch bass in the history of the world...until someone posted about the world record and its length. Either way, its a nice fish but somewhere in the neighbourhood of 21 or 22 inches is more realistic. Congrats on the catch

haha I was going to post that I don't think there has ever been a 30 inch bass in the history of the world...until someone posted about the world record and its length. Either way, its a nice fish but somewhere in the neighbourhood of 21 or 22 inches is more realistic. Congrats on the catch

Nice report chessy,good lookin bass,they say a camera puts an 10lbs,lol good to see him interested.Myself avid ,my two sons not so much.:thumbsup_anim:

Edited by davey buoy