Shimano rod warranty question

WeedLine

There was a rather lenghy post here last year I believe about a member try to make a warranty claim for a V rod, if memory serves the Canadian office was not willing to do anything but oddly enough the American office was willing to honor the warranty.

Can`t remember the member who started the thread or what the outcome was!

There was a rather lenghy post here last year I believe about a member try to make a warranty claim for a V rod, if memory serves the Canadian office was not willing to do anything but oddly enough the American office was willing to honor the warranty.

Can`t remember the member who started the thread or what the outcome was!

you mean this post? page 3 from jedi...

http://ontariofishingcommunity.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=44828&st=40

They just told me that they can't do anything for me. It was a great rod and caught some big fish for me. Too bad

damn!! I guess we'll all have to start buying St. Croix's!! Did you hear that Shimano?!

Limited Lifetime Warranty Rods

Shimano will warranty the following rods. However, if they come to us appearing to be broken in a car door, look like they have been used excessively, or we were informed by the customer that it was broken in an accident, then Shimano will NOT warranty them.

ATL, CL "A" Seriec, CLC/CLS, CNC/CNS, CPC/CPS "A" & "B" Series, CRC/CRS, CSC/CSS, CUC/CUS, CVC/CVS, IGFA, PCF,

SFS, TDR w/2 digit numbered models, TEC/TES, TFC/TFS, TLA, TLC/ TLS/ULC, TLI/TLR/TLT, TMC/TMS, TRC/TRS, TSC/TSS, TVC/TVS, ULC, V-RODS

If it is not on this list then Shimano will not warranty the rod without a valid receipt showing it to be still under one year and a new appearance.

Customer Service:

1-877-577-0600

Broken tip.. cut it clean and put a new tip on for less than the postage !

My thoughts as well. If the rod is that old and the tip just broke, pretty much garunteed it's not a manufacture defect. I did this to a Crucial and I cannot notice a difference.