keep or release

So you don't have a problem with her looking at you while you're eating her tail ?? :o

"Hey, you don't mind if I watch while you eat my body, do ya? Don't be distracted if a little tear comes out... You can just tell yourself it's butter."

Jim Gaffigan is comedic gold. More good stuff can be found here: :lol:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DV4Jl0Q-beE

Edited by Dana

So you don't have a problem with her looking at you while you're eating her tail ?? :o

:w00t:

You didn't do anything wrong.

Thanks for the report.

I do agree smaller fish are best for eating and have fewer toxins built up in their bodies.

Well that guy probably should have minded his own business, but he was correct about keeping the smaller ones. General rule is big fish have a high reproductive success, pass on the best genetics(survival of the fittest) produce more eggs, and as for a bass be able to guard the nest better. And as for toxicology bigger fish generally mean older fish which mean higher concentraions of toxins especially mercury and PCB's. I work for Fisheries and Oceans and see a few toxicology reports here and there. Small fish do mean they are young. Actively feeding healthy fish will grow, and a bass will grow past 1 to 2 lbs pending on the size of its habitat.

Like others have said, I prefer bass in the 1.5 to 2 pound range, but I don't recall ever keeping a bass that large (3+) for the table anyway, so I can't really comment on the taste factor, but the bioaccumulation/age thing is certainly true.

3 pounds isn't a huge bass, don't feel bad about keeping it at all. I've had a guy say "What are you doing, cleaning bait?" when I was cleaning 14-15" bass in a fish hut. Some people just need to mind their own business. What did make me angry was when I saw a bunch of bass (a couple at least 4lbs) with their heads chopped off laying in a boat launch at Baptiste lake last year. Why the hell would somebody kill bass then just throw the bodies in the water?

Pregnant..that must be some strong genetic therapy he/she is on...I remember my wife telling me something like that was on Opera once

you need to fix the "tune out switch" when your wife is talking about Oprah to you ... :wallbash: