Legend boats

misfish

I just looked up the 16FX out of curiousity...you can actually buy that boat with a 25hp outboard on it!? really? They sell a boat with a hull weight (before batteries/fuel/people, etc) of 995lbs that is rated for 75hp max with a 25hp? Hmmm Safety and ethics are in question.

Think we have been through that already Grim.

Maybe give just a bit more thought to the full windshield Brian, along with a stand-up top. Sure does make life alot more bearable when fishing on those cold miserable fall days.

My thoughts as well Lew. I love my side console but I think I will be looking at a full windshield in my next ride for those reasons. November and December fishing will be more pleasant I'm sure.

I know Chris.As for 4 stroke.Add more dollars to that.I,ll stick with 2 . Im sure I,ll opt out for the 75 opti.That 16 will fly.

Brian, I thought the same when I but my boat 9 years ago and bought the 2-stroke. I never would have guessed that gas prices would have jumped like they have especially in the last couple of years. Would have saved me money to have gone with the 4-stroke even with the $3000 price difference back then. Not sure how the Opti vs 4-stroke compare on fuel economy but the prices didn't seem too far apart when I was checking them out at the boat show in January. Just some food for thought.

Thanks for the replies

My thoughts as well Lew. I love my side console but I think I will be looking at a full windshield in my next ride for those reasons. November and December fishing will be more pleasant I'm sure.

Im a green fish guy.LOL

I see yours and Lews point,but now were jacking the price. :wallbash:

Bettys going to kill me,you all know that right?

Edited by Misfish

Yep just took a look, it indeed is, i was thinking of a different boat from legend.

I have a Impact with a 115, awesome boat. I ended up with the full windshield, also was a hard to decision whether or not to fork the extra money for it. As for 2 stroke/4 i would go for the 2 if you end up purchasing the boat. Ive been out a few times so far and was surprised at how little gas i used.

Its the 115 opti. 1775. Top speed with 1 man unsure but merc bulletins puts it around 47, and ive seen others hit in the 46 range. I hit 42 with a full tank of gas, loaded, 3 200lb guys, aluminum prop. I havent fully broken it in, but i dont think ill gain much more.

I also looked around for 2 years. I decided on a starcraft or a lund. I didnt mind legend, but my brother didnt like the interior colour and told me everyday, were getting the lund after he seen the black colour on the boat, loved the look of it. Starcraft i ruled out after as i decided that i mainly fish inland and not in the great lakes. (Those boats are huge,deep, wide gunnels, prob awesome in rough water.)

The impact will do until i finish school and get a real job, than ill be saving up for a ranger haha.

Full console is the way to go, and the bigger engine too my friend. Go for it, she'll forgive........eventually :)

Ah, I forgot,it,s an engine,,,,,,,,,,,Care to talk to her J? :clapping:

Edited by Misfish

Have had a Legend in the family for about 7 year now the Express 164. It is a narrow 16 footer side console with the max horse 40 4 stroke and has been a great boat. Legends service was excellent through the purchase process and would definitely buy from them again. Should a boat purchase happen again though I would definitely agree with Lew and go full windshield with a top, drier ride on crappy days.

Edited by express168

I bought my Legend 16' Pro Sport from Henry last summer.

I got great service from Henry, and love the boat. Wide open layout and TILLER lol... Perfect for all my Kawartha adventures. Big enough to be pretty stable in rough waters, but can also take it into some pretty heavy slop without a problem.

For the price of the boat and trailer, it was a no-brainer (kept my Honda from last boat).

Thanks for the replies

Im a green fish guy.LOL

I see yours and Lews point,but now were jacking the price. :wallbash:

Bettys going to kill me,you all know that right?

There was an ad, for Lund I believe, that had a guy standing by his truck with the boat hooked up and a dog in the boat. The caption for the add was "Just tell her it followed you home." Give it a try Brian, might work. :whistling: