Summer Vacation - Sturgeon Lake

ccmtcanada

It's been a while since I posted a report. I've been out a few times this year, but havne't taken any pictures. I had a week off work and me and my little one decided to make it a cottage/fishing adventure! I answered ecmilley's offer for renting his cottage on Sturgeon Lake and we stayed there last Wednesday and Thursday night. It's a GREAT place to stay that's right on the water and I'd recommend it to anyone looking for a place on that lake.

We arrived Wednesday around noon and unpacked our gear...this is the view from the front porch....

01ecmillysview.jpg

We wasted very little time as she wanted to get out to fish! We first headed to the government dock, which is just a few steps away from his cottage. She caught dozens and dozens or nice little panfish here.

02perch.jpg

She's finally at that age where she can bait her own hook and take her fish off as well!

03hook.jpg

We decided to take a break from fishing and we went to a little beach area to cool off from the hot sun.

04swim.jpg

After catching fish after fish here, we decided to drive down to Big Cliff's place for a visit and to fish from his docks. We were treated to lots of big panfish and an amazing sunset. Here she is with a bass she caught on a spinner.

05bigcliffbass.jpg

Here's one I caught (yes I did catch a fish or two as well...but she beat me hands down for numbers!)

06mybass.jpg

As the sun went down in the sky, she said "WHOA!! Daddy!! Look at that!!!"

08sunset.jpg

A few shots as the sun finally set...

09me.jpg

10syd.jpg

On Thursday, we got up...had a little breakfast and we decided to rent a boat to see what we could find. I didn't care about what we caught...as long as she had a great time and into some numbers! We were out there for over 4 hours before the sun got too hot and we came in for the day. She is loving using spinners to catch fish...here's a few of her fish from the boat.

11boat.jpg

12perch.jpg

We stopped in at Big Cliff's dock again to stretch our legs...and yep...she wanted to fish there again!

13bigcliffsagain.jpg

After we ate dinner, she wanted to catch a few more at the government docks...here we are with one of our many double headers for the evening.

14double.jpg

If you are looking to take your little one somewhere where the panfishing is constant, I'd definitely suggest Sturgeon Lake...it seems that you can always find where they are hanging out...bring lots of worms though!! You'll need them!

We packed the car on Friday morning, but left the rods out for last. (before anyone says anything...that is HER tackle box...not mine!! LOL). She wanted to fish a little more before we hit the road for home.

16sets.jpg

15lastday.jpg

Part two coming up...

We were lucky enough to meet Sydney at Lakair last month, Cliff. She took a real shine to our dog, Moosy. You couldn't meet a nicer, more polite young lady.

Looks like you guys know what vacation is all about...