Fishfinder for $20

limeyangler

Long story short, lost my transducer off the back of my boat yesterday. Best price for the replacement in town was $124 from Ford dealer(sending one down from their Kenora branch)

Online was an average $70 plus shipping = $100+

But here's the thing.....a new lowrance X4 at CT is $99 and comes with a HST-WSU 6 pin plug transducer....the very one i need.

So....does this mean that the fishfinder is only worth $20 if you could purchase it seperately....i doubt it!

Makes ya wonder.

Anyway...gonna go pick an X4 up this afternoon...refit the transducer from it on my color x67c and use the X4 for my universal sonar on my terrova.....awesome.....well....sucks to be spending money on a replacement...but a small silver lining is better than none!

Hey Limey. How do you like the x67c for softwater? Works fine in deep water? I have a x47 on my boat and would like to upgrade and like the idea of using the x67c for hardwater. Wonder if the x47 ducer would work for the x67c. Thanks

Its ok in deep water...i straight jig for lakers in 80FOW and can watch them coming up for my jig. Also an awesome icefishing fishfinder. The transducer for the X47 is the same so you would just 'plug n play' so to speak. Your x47 should have the six pin plug right? anyway...it says on the Lowrance site that the X67c and X47 both use the HST-PSW transducer.

Parts always cost more when you buy them separately - the higher cost reflects the additional, separate packaging, shipping and warehousing expense.

Try buying a car sometime, one part at a time. A $20,000 Toyota will you you nearly 50 grand.

edit - typo

Edited by Craig_Ritchie

Parts always cost more when you buy them separately - the higher cost reflects the additional, separate packaging, shipping and warehousing expense.

Try buying a car sometime, one part at a time. A $20,000 Toyota will you you nearly 50 grand.

edit - typo

Yeah right...thats it. :sarcasm:

yeah, crazy

I can buy a new printer cheaper then I can buy replacement ink cartridges for most printers......nuts

The cost of 2 rechargable batteries for my CTC cordless drill is damn near the price of a new drill (Batteries incl.)

The cost of 2 rechargable batteries for my CTC cordless drill is damn near the price of a new drill (Batteries incl.)

I have a Makita cordless that I just can't bring myself to spending $60 on a replacement battery, so it sits there doing nothing. Anyone want it?