Anyone have a Contact at Lowrance Canada?

Dutch

Wondering if anyone has a contact at Lowrance Canada they can provide me with via PM.

I have made 4 calls to the 1-800 nummber and have sent 6-8 e-mails with zero response so far. The thing with the 1-800 number is they make you wait about 5 minutes then you have to leave a message to which no one apparently responds.

Fairly easy question - I have a finder that I know is pooched. They no longer support it, but offer a replacement HDS unit for a price and all I want to know is what that price is.

Lowrance is very close to losing a previously satisfied customer.....

I was under the impression, back in 2007 when trying to get network parts for my new units, that Lowrance Canada was totally shut down and there was nothing other than the repair facility left. :dunno:

Terry has been there.... do you have contact info Terry??

Edited by irishfield

I was under the impression, back in 2007 when trying to get network parts for my new units, that Lowrance Canada was totally shut down and there was nothing other than the repair facility left. :dunno:

Terry has been there.... do you have contact info Terry??

I "think" they still have a location in Canada. I know the number we call here in Canada is different than in the States. At one point I had a contact I was dealing with about a separate issue - soon as they found out I was in Canada, they pawned me off.

Had great service up to that point.

My X510C is fading in and out badly, possibly the LCD or a power issue. Called Lowrance Canada, they answered right away, after discussion said they don't repair anymore but offered me the HDS 5 at $449, thats over $100 off of the best price I could find , as a replacement. Didn't want the HDS, but it gives you an idea of what to expect...........

Thanks to everyone for providing info on numbers to call.

It seems they all lead to the same place - I end up on hold for about 7 minutes, then I am asked to leave a voice mail which is never returned.

I think I am done with Lowrance. This system of leaving a voicemail is horrible. I'd rather wait on hold for two hours and finally be able to talk to someone.

This has just been far too frustrating.

I'm wasting a day off to deal with this - rather be fishing.....

Anyone have a specific extension number of someone in Mississauga?

i've never had an issue the rare time i had to deal with them but, living in the gta i'd just drive over to the office on matheson in mississausage. never bothered with the phone.

I've also had excellent service when I stopped into their office to get a unit updated but I was under the impression they've left the Matheson location for good.

I've got a couple sonar units that need updating and my daughter works just up the road from them, I'm wondering now if maybe she could get it done for me if their still there :dunno:

Finally had someone pick up the phone - almost scared the crap outta me! Guy just answered the phone and said hello, for a second I thought I had the wrong number. Very, very strange system they have. The guy I talked to was named Dino. I was scared to say I need to call back and proceed to calmly explain their system is horrible. He gave me his direct extension, which is 226, so at least I can rest assured I can talk to a human at some point.

The price to upgrade my unit to a HDS5X (sonar only, no GPS) is $440. They don't have an upgrade to a GPS enabled unit for a replacement for mine, so it's the HDS5X or nothing.

Just debating if I want to spend that for a sonar only. It would be an easy swap as the transducer and power cable are the same.

Thanks again for the numbers golks.

• 6 months later...

Interesting that Lowrance now tells you to contact CMC Electronics for Canadian service... especially since they're a Raymarine Dealer!

If you’re in Canada and have technical issues or are in need of service please contact CMC Electronics at 1-800-661-3983 by phone or by email at [email protected]. Any products returned for service must be accompanied by a Return Authorization number. Please have your proof of purchase and serial number of your unit handy prior to contacting your CMC representative for any warranty related issues. Hours of operation by phone are Monday to Friday 8:30-4:30 Eastern time.

Finally had someone pick up the phone - almost scared the crap outta me! Guy just answered the phone and said hello, for a second I thought I had the wrong number. Very, very strange system they have. The guy I talked to was named Dino. I was scared to say I need to call back and proceed to calmly explain their system is horrible. He gave me his direct extension, which is 226, so at least I can rest assured I can talk to a human at some point.

The price to upgrade my unit to a HDS5X (sonar only, no GPS) is $440. They don't have an upgrade to a GPS enabled unit for a replacement for mine, so it's the HDS5X or nothing.

Just debating if I want to spend that for a sonar only. It would be an easy swap as the transducer and power cable are the same.

Thanks again for the numbers golks.

Call them back and tell you your LMS 520c unit burned up and want a replacement....they should offer you a HDS unit with GPS...

I was in the Mississauga office a few years back and the fella that served me was actually a member of this board but I can't remember his name now. If he's still around it'd be good if he could chime in with some info on what's happening.

[quote name='barrystrs' date='24 January 2012 - 09:39 AM' timestamp='1327415967' post='659778'

I need a new transducer for an old LCX 15 if anyone has one to sell.

barrystrs, I've got a transducer from an X510C I'm not using and it's yours if it'll work on your LXC 15, although it's doubtful.

Edited by lew

Sorry for the confusion... I should know better than popping up an 8 month old post. Just wanted to show that Lowrance is now showing a new repair facility represents them in Canada... that is a Raymarine Dealer. (although who knows these days... it may very well still be Navico under a new name)

Sorry for the confusion... I should know better than popping up an 8 month old post. Just wanted to show that Lowrance is now showing a new repair facility represents them in Canada... that is a Raymarine Dealer. (although who knows these days... it may very well still be Navico under a new name)

:o Oops, I never even checked the original dates on this one. I blame it on lack of ice down here :P

When you talked to Dino, you were talking to the right guy, he's agood guy and should be able to fix you up. I've taken my unit to their storefront and they fixed me up, anaylyzed my unit and told me the transducer was shot and they were right!!!!!

Just my .02

David aka Superdad

cmc is the supplier we go through them and deal with dino whenever we need units ordered or accessories basically anything lowrance. as far as i know they are they only navico dealers we can get products from up here.

and superdad yeah that seems to be a common issue. they tend to burn out ever 3-4 years or so and thats one of the most frequent issues i've heard of.