Xraps dont last

coreyhkh

I have to say xraps have become my Favorite lure they catch fish but they seem to fall apart with out much effort like the eyes or the paint always come off mine in as little as a week.

Anyone else have this problem.

I have to say xraps have become my Favorite lure they catch fish but they seem to fall apart with out much effort like the eyes or the paint always come off mine in as little as a week.

Anyone else have this problem.

I have had some that fall right apart fast but I also have some that last forever I have been using the same clown color one for 4 seasons now and landed tonnes of smallies and pike on it :dunno: mabey the ones that are made on fridays fall apart and the rest are good.

I agree. Xraps are awesome, but they def. aren't the toughest bait out there. Same thing can be said for Husky Jerks. Great baits, but some of em are garbage right out of the box, some of them are done after a fish or two. Then however, you seem to get that magic bait, that keeps putting fish after fish in the boat, no worse for wear.

But the balsa rapalas don't do this... It's only pkastic ones...

Husky jerk- plastic

"deep" taildancer "Crome"- plastic

X rap - plastic

Original floater- wood

Tail dancer ( not crome)- wood

Any wood rapalas keep their paint... Even after a battle with a musky...

Plastic ... I've killed in one day use

Edited by Musky Mike

I was just noticing the same thing last weekend. My perch patern still looks brand new, but my other one, which has been used half as much, it all chipped up around the hooks. Likely from bounching around going from spot to spot..

Good point about the plastic vs. Balsa baits.

I have a blue and white Husky Jerk that most of the paint fell off of right away. It looks diseased, but it still catches fish...I have a Ghost Minnow HJ, where the paint (what little there is) is still perfect after three seasons of heavy use...However there was a foil strip glued to the spine of the bait, inside the body. This strip has fallen off and now sort of floats around in the cavity. This isn't the quality that I expect from Rapala, but that said, this bait also still catches fish.

These work great for a variety of species, but I think think that nothing will stand up to toothy critters (pike) except ol' Len thompsons and Dardevles...........I like to cast with these spoons,but keep a X-rap handy to switch to if you get a follow up,which results almost in a guarantee fish! :good:

i agree they tend to come apart but from my experience they mostly have come apart at my fault, i was removing a snag and it flew out and smashed a log, it wouldnt swim right. Ive caught a lot of pike on them this year and the only thing that has gone wrong with it is the paint job and the feathers on the tail are gone. It is a good lure, just not a very durable one for people whos gear takes a beating.

I have a hard time keeping the paint on the Perch & Clown patterns..

not to mention they eyes falling out and breaking the "bills" lips.

Slapping these baith on the water to remove weeds is a NO NO.

But I also agree that they do catch fish

Randy

:canadian:

I lost another eye tonight and some how the hook came off one????

Does anyone no where to buy new eye do craft stores sell stuff like that?

On another note what colours do people like the best?

Edited by coreyhkh

I lost another eye tonight and some how the hook came off one????

Does anyone no where to buy new eye do craft stores sell stuff like that?

On another note what colours do people like the best?

Favorite color changes every year...

Walleye are funny when it comes to that

Funny enough, i was fishing with them by a low-hanging bridge. Countless times, I smacked the lure against the concrete bridge, with a "pooper' remark that followed. Those remarks were all for naught, because it still looked brand new. hah. I eventually lost it when it was caught amongst some rocks and I'll assume it still looks new underneath the waters.

This was bought from Canadian Tire.