Bass opener

Hawg Hunter

I forget what it was called I just know Jos showed me where he was going to be fishing so I told him to watch out as I would add spikes on the out side of my boards so he had better put a few extra coats of wax on his boat this week :good:

If I am out Saturday morning I will head over to his area just to say Hi.

Anchored right here if I ever get around to cleaning out the "Tin of Beans" and get'er launched...rolleyes.gif

If i get out around these Gordon Rocks or a bit south or east of there.

Lots of big smallies. :Gonefishing:

I bumped into a long lost fishing buddy last year and it would be nice if we could work out a trip up to his family cottage. Private launch for cottagers only and you could fish the whole lake without starting your outboard. My other 2 times on this lake about 10 years ago were very memorable. First 3 cast I had 3 smallies on, smallest was 21". The lake is hardly fished as most cottagers are non anglers and being a smaller lake there's really only car toppers or canoes out there.

South side of the lake is all rock, cliffs and shoals, top end is 1-2 miles of floating logs, duckweed, lily pads and undercut willow bushes.

Has someone already said: The same place I've been going for the last month? :stretcher:

Have fun, stay safe. :thumbsup_anim:

Bass opener doesn't hold the same appeal for me as the others. :sleeping_02:

I guess most of it has to do with the fact that I've been out on, or next to, open water for a couple of months at least by the time bass opens here. :Gonefishing:

well folks im like a kid at christmas with the count down to the Bass opener only 10 days away in my area anyway,im heading north of Bon Echo to fish 4/5 lakes with 14 other lads,can't wait ..

so where you all heading for the opener of Bass season.

Hawg Hunter

Very nice i go north of bon echo myself .There are a few lakes for smallies and walleye that not to many people know about . i'll post my adventures when i get back .

If i get out around these Gordon Rocks or a bit south or east of there.

Lots of big smallies. :Gonefishing:

If it is not too rough and windy I may be terrorizing the bass at the north end of Big Island or Hurricane Point myself (4 HP Mercury restricts things)whistling.gif

If it is not too rough and windy I may be terrorizing the bass at the north end of Big Island or Hurricane Point myself (4 HP Mercury restricts things)whistling.gif

That stretch south to Big Island gets rough on westerly winds. :wallbash:

My favourite fishing in Ontario all around there though.