The Boys should be back soon!

Well Wayne I love Gordon Lightfoot and I consider him a national treasure and I think some of the songs he has written to be some of the best material ever, but as you can imagine at 72 his best years have come and gone.

Having said that it is obvious that he still loves performing for his fans and his fans still love to watch him perform.

Lastnight there was no getting around the fact that the vocals were obviously strained and highnotes were very difficult for him, when you look at the medical issues he went through a few years ago it`s amazing he is still with us let alone performing.

Gord you definitely should have been there! Brutal weather with minus temps and snow, but lots of big gators.

The guys building the camp on Richter also reported ridiculous numbers of walleye when they had a chance to fish. ;)

As soon as I have the time I'll get a report up.

Cheers

Wonder if Dave's hanging around for a bit or headed straight back up.

He's headed back home this morning Roy.

I had a great time fishing with Dave. He had one afternoon where he could do no wrong catching giant pike on his fly rod (including the biggest of the entire trip).

I'll save that for later.

For now here's a short video clip of Dave catching one of many walleye on the fly rod. It was pretty cool to see.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aZrnl9Dx3ic

Edited by solopaddler

Got home about 3 hours ago and am wiped out!!!

Been up since 2AM my time. :sleeping_02::sleeping_02:

Glad to get away from TO before the steamy weather hits.

15C with sun and no humidity here, perfect. Was 19C with 94% humidity in TO this morning and it was way too uncomfortable.

Most of the lakes are ice free here now except for Slave and several of the bigger lakes.

Here are a few Attawapiskat fish from yesterday. I got these today from a group of my very good friends that are out there right now :)

IMGP01821600x1200-1.jpg

IMGP01911600x1200-2.jpg

IMGP01691600x1200-3.jpg

Why cut off the heads?

I'm guessing that's Genady and his buddies. I marked their maps before we got on the plane. ;)

He was having a Henry VIII moment???

Yes, that was our heads cut off in the pictures :)). Mike, thanks a lot for marking spots, you definitely saved us a few days of learning! It was VERY helpful. Real class act. Thanks for a great lure as well! Was nice meeting you Dave. We haven’t caught your huge pike yet:)) Our biggest pike is 46", but very skinny, nothing to compare with yours. Looking forward to get some fat ones. Today is snowing and we are waiting for front to pass, drinking whisky. When we come back I'll post pictures with all heads attached :)) Thanks again Mike for your help. Looking forward to see all your great pictures and see you in Toronto. I owe you a bottle of scotch for sure.

Live from the camp,

Genady

Yes, that was our heads cut off in the pictures :)). Mike, thanks a lot for marking spots, you definitely saved us a few days of learning! It was VERY helpful. Real class act. Thanks for a great lure as well! Was nice meeting you Dave. We haven’t caught your huge pike yet:)) Our biggest pike is 46", but very skinny, nothing to compare with yours. Looking forward to get some fat ones. Today is snowing and we are waiting for front to pass, drinking whisky. When we come back I'll post pictures with all heads attached :)) Thanks again Mike for your help. Looking forward to see all your great pictures and see you in Toronto. I owe you a bottle of scotch for sure.

Live from the camp,

Genady

Right on buddy great to hear. 46" is darned good! I think we had 2 a hair over 45 but that's it.

Good luck on the rest of your trip, hopefully that killer spoon I gave you is paying dividends and not just taking up space. ;)