New SAIL Store - Confirmed

MSBruno

The online prices at SAIL look to be lower for fishing gear. So thats good =) Their website is not very good though. I don't understand how these relatively large retailers can have such poor websites. Lebaron's site is still worse though, IMO.

I've never been to a SAIL store and am looking forward to checking it out in December!

When I was in Ottawa in April picking up Jr. at university, I visited the Sail store there.

Prices were pretty good at Sail considering I did a BPS hike in late March with no good deals. For example, I picked up several packs of blackbird floats for steelie fishing (Sail cost $3.99; BPS and CTC both over $5); I also picked up a battery gelpack and charger for my fishfinder $40 as compared to BPS at $50.

I look forward to the added competition for BPS.

BTW, the Ottawa Sail store had plenty of yaks and yak equipment for those yakfishers out there.

WR

MORE COMPETITION YEAH!!!!! With the price of a tank of fuel being what it is I will only being going to Bass Pro once a year as I drive by to go ice fishing, so having something close to compete will make it more worthwhile hopefully.

I don't mind LeBarons website if it keeps their prices as low as they are LOL. I am so sick of ordering stuff from Cabelas.com and BassPro.com and having the price double with duty, shipping, handling then more duty on the shipping and tax on top of it all LOL. Example I wanted a jacket from BassPro.com on clearance for 29.99 final price delivered 64.37 which was still an OK price for the quality even though for the first time it was 7 something more than I was quoted at checkout. With LL Bean and Lands End offering permanent free shipping to Canada I would hope Bass Pro and Cabelas soon follow suit mainly because their online clearance items are so much cheaper than in the Bass Pro Canadian store and from that joke cabelas.ca (how the heck to do they even keep going?)

If I were going to buy gear, BPS is definitely the route. I can't see SAIL competing, I was so disappointed the first time I walked into the Train Yards store here in Ottawa. I find BPS has so much more gear.

As for clothing and camping though, they may be able to compete. I didn't see much low end gear at SAIL. It seemed pretty pricy.

Just my 2 cents. They both seriously lack Musky gear. That's the bottom line!!!

If I were going to buy gear, BPS is definitely the route. I can't see SAIL competing, I was so disappointed the first time I walked into the Train Yards store here in Ottawa. I find BPS has so much more gear.

As for clothing and camping though, they may be able to compete. I didn't see much low end gear at SAIL. It seemed pretty pricy.

Just my 2 cents. They both seriously lack Musky gear. That's the bottom line!!!

Where Le Baron and Sail both out compete Bass Pro is in the electronics

Sail merchandise is overpriced here. Sail was that way when it was standalone and it hasn't changed since the merge with Baron Sports five or so years ago. I hope BPS isn't losing sleep over the arrival of Sail. BPS has nothing to worry about.

I've been shopping quite a bit down here in Ohio at both Dick's Sports and Gander Mountain. I like them both! Both Bass Pro and Cabelas are at least a 3 hour drive, so I have not bothered with them. It would be nice if Gander Mountain and Dick's eventually opened in Canada. That would provide some competition. Another chain that I used to go into in the US was Galyans, but they were bought up by Dick's back in 2004.

If SAIL is smart, they will offer more fishing, hunting, and outdoors equipment because of their proximity to BPS.

I remember The Outdoor Stores here in Ontario. Now, they were good! Collegiate Sports bought them up and turned them into a yuppy haven! Collegiate was decent back in the early days as well.

Hey MR.B. I was in awwwwww when I went into Gander. They need to expand to Canada and would do well.Problem is,they give that hands on friendly feeling. What I mean is,you cant just walk up and grab a gun here and see how it feels,even if the fireing pin is out.:wallbash::canadian:

I remember The Outdoor Stores here in Ontario

Ah, there was one on Dufferin Street just up from the CT store north of Elington.Remember it well. Pop even has a spool with thier price tag on it still. It was the store that made a kids eyes go wide open.

The online prices at SAIL look to be lower for fishing gear. So thats good =) Their website is not very good though. I don't understand how these relatively large retailers can have such poor websites. Lebaron's site is still worse though, IMO.

I've never been to a SAIL store and am looking forward to checking it out in December!

Just talked to the owner from LeBaron. They will have a revamped website in the very, very near future. That's all i'm going to say lol