Sea Foam confusion

Flappn

Hello All, I have heard quite a bit about people using Sea Foam in their our boards on this forum. I was at Part Source and they

only seemed to have the Sea Foam deep creep product. When I was on-line at the Sea Foam website it seems they have

more than one product and the deep creep is more of a penetrating oil. The gent at Part Source said he uses it for

his out board to clean the carb etc.

Does anyone know if deep creep has the same effect and can be used the same as the general Sea Foam spray? Should I

just order the sea foam spray on-line...as it doesn't seem Part Source has anything other than the deep creep version?

Thanx

While the engine is running, pour some down the throat of the carb(s) uhtil the engine sputters and dies. Pour a bit more and let it sit for at least a half hour. Pour the rest of the can in the fuel tank. Start up the engine and be ready for a smoke show as the Seafoam and whatever gunk built up in the engine burns off. It is a great product to get intakes and combustion chambers cleaned up from the inside.

the stuff you want is the fleet and marine seafoam. I don't pour it into the carb (since I'm a mechanical rookie as far as engines go) but I just put it in my gas tank and let it do it's thing from there.

Be careful pouring liquids directly into the throat of a carb; liquids do not compress.

Two strokes are not as fussy because the carb feeds the crankcase; but a four stroke engine’s carb directly feeds the cylinder/combustion chamber.

If you accidentally pour a little too much at the wrong time, there’s a good chance you’ll lock up (hydrostatic lock) the engine; which could cause internal damage. Things like bent connecting rods, crankshaft, crack cylinder walls or crankcase; you’d be amazed at what an ounce of liquid can do if it’s trapped in a confined area like a combustion chamber.

If you feel that you need to go through the carb; which is a very quick and effective way of cleaning a combustion chamber; get a refillable pump spray bottle; that can be adjusted to a mist and introduce your chemicals that way.

The spray bottle is much more controllable, then trying to pour something into a running engine’s carb, with all the vibration and shaking going on; let alone most marine engines have side draft carbs. The spray bottle makes the job much easier; unless your wife catches you stealing her bottle of fantastic from under the kitchen sink.

LOL

Dan.

Be careful pouring liquids directly into the throat of a carb; liquids do not compress.

Two strokes are not as fussy because the carb feeds the crankcase; but a four stroke engine's carb directly feeds the cylinder/combustion chamber.

If you accidentally pour a little too much at the wrong time, there's a good chance you'll lock up (hydrostatic lock) the engine; which could cause internal damage. Things like bent connecting rods, crankshaft, crack cylinder walls or crankcase; you'd be amazed at what an ounce of liquid can do if it's trapped in a confined area like a combustion chamber.

If you feel that you need to go through the carb; which is a very quick and effective way of cleaning a combustion chamber; get a refillable pump spray bottle; that can be adjusted to a mist and introduce your chemicals that way.

The spray bottle is much more controllable, then trying to pour something into a running engine's carb, with all the vibration and shaking going on; let alone most marine engines have side draft carbs. The spray bottle makes the job much easier; unless your wife catches you stealing her bottle of fantastic from under the kitchen sink.

LOL

Dan.

Great accurate answer.Good solid advice.

Joe

Can we just put the seafoam in the gas can or is it better to spray it in the carb?

If the motor is running half way decent I just put 1 oz per gallon in the gas and run the motor.It doesn't take long to knock the rough edges off of a slight miss in a motor.

Joe

Thank you everyone for your input. I will start with some in the gas and go from there.

You should run it all the time,a steady mix of 1oz to 3 gals (you can mix the 1st treatment richer ie. 1oz-1gal to clean the engine up).It will keep carbon down and injectors clean.Great for improving idle quality and reduce the chance of cylinder scuffing and your engine going boom.

SEAFOAM is DA BOMB!! that doesn't make the engine go BOOM...

It sometimes is a "Mechanic in a Can" and has always worked wonders for me. Everything I own that burns gas has Seafoam in it.

I pour 1/2 can in the spring ...1/2 can mid summer or whenever I have a low idle trolling problem... 1/2 can in the fall when storing a 1/2 to full tank of gas.

When I store my engine .. I pour some down the throat of the carb 'til it stalls... I remove the kill switch tab and give 'er 5 or 6 cranks. Every spring she starts right up with some smoke and runs fine.

I haven't tried this yet but.... some of my buds pour some into their lower units before changing their gear oil...

#1 drain old gear oil

#2 add can of Seafoam

#3 Start and engage engine with the muffs on run for about 30 seconds at idle and drain..

#4add new oil.

And for the 1/2 cans I have left over ... well they go straight down the oil filler tube and the gas tank of my Expedition.

I apologize for making this a Public Service Announcement for Seafoam.

Randy

:canadian: