Best Pike Day of Our Lives

Well, I reek like pike right now haha, today Rick(Gonefishin), his girlfriend and I all got out bright and early to a new area we haven’t been to, for what was going to be a great day of Pike fishing. We covered lot's of shoreline and near the end of the stretch we choose we started to pick up fish...then the entire way back. We landed and caught 10 Pike and I frigged up on one of Ricks and lost it then we had another 4 or 5 good hook ups but they ended short.

Fish 1 Spinnerbait

fishnumber1-pic2-1.jpg

Fish 2 Spinnerbait

fishnumber2pic-1.jpg

Fish 3 Spinnerbait

fishnumber3pic-2.jpg

Fish 4 Spinnerbait

fishnumber6pic-2.jpg

Fish 5 Spinnerbait

fishnumber7pic-1.jpg

Fish number 6 she hooked up and after a quick battle it let go, Rick threw in the same area with the minnow bait and pulled this pike in, a joined catch!

fishnumber8pic-1.jpg

Fish number 7 jerkbait

ScreenHunter_23May071525.jpg

Fish number 8 spinnerbait

ScreenHunter_25May071527.jpg

And the last pike, had to do the mercer shot :P spinnerbait fish again

ScreenHunter_26May071527.jpg

can't get rick's 5th pike to load properly but it was equal in size to our average. My advice on this thread is find flats, fish slow and don’t get stuck on color in the murky water conditions. We did lot’s better than last opener and were prepared, having tight drag to get the hook in then a fast half dozen clicks back on the drag was important to let the fish run around and to have some fun tiring them out for easy landing. A amazing day, My guess for the count was 10 today and Rick’s was 12, wish he was right but no way can I complain! Until tomorrow in a different location off shore this time ;)

And the confident smile of the best pike day of out lives ;)

ScreenHunter_27May071527.jpg

MTBF

Thanks for the reading ladies and gents :)

Edit* Only added 1 pike to this weekends catch, caught a decent little guy on a spoon today. More to come next weekend :)

Edited by MikeTheBassFisher

Looks like you had a great day on the water. When the pike are on like that it sure is fun. I love pike fishing. Gonna beat the shoreline tomorrow hopefully?

Must say, you are pretty brave soles to be out there, the seas look mighty rough :jerry:

Looks like you had a great day on the water. When the pike are on like that it sure is fun. I love pike fishing. Gonna beat the shoreline tomorrow hopefully?

Must say, you are pretty brave soles to be out there, the seas look mighty rough :jerry:

Yup, fishing with the fam jam tomorrow, different place different city lol, was fun fishing different spots. I'll have a report tomorrow, I expect 3-6 fish from our next spot, well see how I do :)

Thanks for the comment's guys, had a great time, there was a pattern to it in the retrieve, I'll let you guys figure it out, really got to feel for things. as for facebook, it's on lockdown unless I really trust you..only have a few OFC guys on there. O well, always will be a bad side to any good thing that happens in this world, only bad side really are the 3 spinnerbaits I went through lol, used the old spinnerbaits to make room for new ones for bass :P