Conservative Majority

I think the libs will go with Justin Trudeau or another francophone

I think it was 1940 something the last time the libs were in power with an anglophone as a leader......

it gets them the much needed Quebec vote

This is the best response i read of all these diatribes.

Hmmm the last conservative majorities federally and provincially i can think of were Mulroney and Mike Harris here in Ontario. The legacy of debt and recession left by them is sickening. Sort of like anti- Robin Hoods take from the poor and give to the rich.

Harper looks like such a nerd. Couldn't picture him ever fishing unless it is photo-op.

Oh well....

When Mike Harris left office the Ontario budget was balanced!!!

Guest ThisPlaceSucks

funny... we had a surplus before harper.

I think the libs will go with Justin Trudeau or another francophone

I think it was 1940 something the last time the libs were in power with an anglophone as a leader......

it gets them the much needed Quebec vote

Justin Trudeau as Liberal party leader would help too ensure many more years of Conservative reign!!!

Justin Trudeau as Liberal party leader would help too ensure many more years of Conservative reign!!!

I can see you eating those words in the next decade Gord!

Now can someone go fishing and post a report.... :whistling:

I think the libs will go with Justin Trudeau

He's way to green behind the gills. If it wasn't for his dad, nobody would even be talking about him, he would be just another back bencher nobody. To me a conservative majority is very bad, but thats what it is.

Time to go fishing.

funny... we had a surplus before harper.

I understand that you support the left but if you really believe your above statement then you need to brush up on your political history, you might want do a little investigating on how this mythical surplus came to pass.

I will give you a hint EI.

Guest ThisPlaceSucks

i forgot. we on the left are fools who have yet to be enlightened. shall i do that in school or at church?

what's your magical explanation for a deficit? is that the fault of the left too?

Edited by Dr. Salvelinus

i forgot. we on the left are fools who have yet to be enlightened. shall i do that in school or at church?

what's your magical explanation for a deficit? is that the fault of the left too?

"we on the left are fools"

remember you said it not me, they say that admitting you have a problem is the first step to a cure! :clapping:

Just the facts mam.

When Mike Harris left office he was 4 billion in debt, and that was after he sold the 407. And the junior teachers and government workers that once belly ached about Ray days were axed. After Harris, those out of work would have gladly taken a Ray day here or there.

Justin Trudeau is a little puke, he objected to Canada's citizen guide describing honour killings as Barbaric. He said he was uncomfortable with them described with such a 'perjorative'. Oh gee you would not want to offend a possible honour killer.

I feel politically homeless as there is no choice of representation for my left leaning secular values.

Oh well, have a good day folks.

No matter what your politics have a good and healthy summer. Bent rods and tight lines.

Just the facts mam.

When Mike Harris left office he was 4 billion in debt, and that was after he sold the 407. And the junior teachers and government workers that once belly ached about Ray days were axed. After Harris, those out of work would have gladly taken a Ray day here or there.

Justin Trudeau is a little puke, he objected to Canada's citizen guide describing honour killings as Barbaric. He said he was uncomfortable with them described with such a 'perjorative'. Oh gee you would not want to offend a possible honour killer.

I feel politically homeless as there is no choice of representation for my left leaning secular values.

Oh well, have a good day folks.

No matter what your politics have a good and healthy summer. Bent rods and tight lines.

We`ll have to agree to disagree, I agree with your assesment of Justin Trudeau.

And don`t call me mam!!! :lol:

Just the facts mam.

When Mike Harris left office he was 4 billion in debt, and that was after he sold the 407.

That is what i am talking about!

Harper spent over a billion dollars on G20 security and Toronto still got trashed as security stood and watched. Geez, we have to wait 5 yrs. to tally up the losses after we get hoodwinked even though there is such transparency.

Couldn't picture Harper doing any fishing, especially if there is mosquitoes or bees around.

Hey Doc...

Firstly, I am not slamming you or anyone who holds beliefs such as you... but maybe I can shed some light for you.

When I was younger, I to, was somewhat left leaning. As I grew older, I found that my frustration with the left grew substancially as a result of what I preceived to be massive waste. I also continue to be frustrated by the amount of taxes I have paid over time, with very little evidence of proper spending. You may find that after you have paid huge amounts of taxes over a longer period of time, you to, will develop frustrations with politicians and their spending habits.

Historically, the left has had a spend first ask questions later approach, IMHO, with the right at least seemingly being more "conservative" (for lack of a better term) in it's spending habits.

HH

Drifter, I prefer this one: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gsAeTfDeVHs&feature=related

Guest ThisPlaceSucks

HH... I'm actually a fiscal conservative with lefty environmental policy. That's why billions on uncomplete jets and overblown G8/G20 spending during a recession seems irresponsible. Also, as a fisherman, I find it tough to justify voting for the party with the least worry about environmental issues.

I also think it's funny that you feel the need to be condescending by insinuating that voting for the left is some sort "immaturity" issue. I'm 31 years old, not 18.

Edited by Dr. Salvelinus

We`ll have to agree to disagree, I agree with your assesment of Justin Trudeau.

And don`t call me mam!!! :lol:

Lol. I am glad you saw that as a joke. You never know how your going to come across in text.

Anyways get ready for middle class taxes to go up, corporate taxes to go down, bank deregulation and cutting everything that would benefit anyone without a million bucks in the bank. Health cuts are imminent.

But hey, when he cuts corporate taxes I am sure they will pass the savings along. Just like the jerks are passing along the savings from the HST (provincial yes but backed fully by Harper who actually gave Ontario some bonus money for it), and just like the jerk businesses that are not passing along the value of the high dollar. Maybe his corporate tax cuts can create a bunch of jobs for 15 bucks an hour with no benefits. Oh joy.

Oh boy, I really didn't want to rant. No sense talking to you anyway, your a bloody Habs fan!!! Lol.

Hey Doc,

I didn't mean to be condescending, sorry if you took it that way... and at 31 years old, you got a whole heck of a lot of taxes to pay, before you'll move closer to the right! You are only now, beginning to enter your real "earning years". Start adding up all the taxes paid over the next 20 years and we'll have a chat then!

LOL

HH

Guest ThisPlaceSucks

Hey Doc,

I didn't mean to be condescending, sorry if you took it that way... and at 31 years old, you got a whole heck of a lot of taxes to pay, before you'll move closer to the right! You are only now, beginning to enter your real "earning years". Start adding up all the taxes paid over the next 20 years and we'll have a chat then!

LOL

HH

haha... i have been noticing a distinct (and growing) pain in the hind end with every passing year... i should have known it was the government!

truthfully, my beef with the cons is where they spend my taxes... fighter jets really don't help me in my daily existence but i sure will be the one paying for them the next 30 years.

Hey!! I thought that it was against the rules to post political threads on the board. Welcome to the tea party folks. Don't complain when you have to wait to go and see your doctors unless they work in the prison system or fly fighter jets. HMMM we need more hospitals and road work oh wait no we don't we need guns planes and prisons screw the old people that need to get to a hospital.Gays are out, drug injection sites are out, abortion centres out shall I go on!! What a bunch of fools for voting in the cons. Enjoy!!! the next four year folks. :asshatg: