"One account per member, accounts cannot be deleted

Squid

IF

that is the case you would think there would be a way to maintain the info while the account would be invisible to the board and members.....

and I would think the only way you are doing that would be by logging IPs

anyone that has access to different IPs would bypass that ability to track

EDIT: I like Wayne's answer better: :clapping:

Edited by Terry®

Well, if the first account was deleted, there would be no second account..........I'm lost.

I should be able to delete my own account if I see it fit, shouldn't I?

Its my account after all.......right?

This is getting fishy IMO.

S.

I don't think there's anything "fishy" here. The first account is retained for IP information, so in the case of crap disturbing members that get mod Q'd / banned etc it's quick to see a "new" joiner is one and the same. Anyone that's been around for a few years knows the reasoning behind it. Don't see the big deal unless you plan on being said crap disturber.

Yah, I know Peter. Doesn't make no difference to me but I'd suspect after 4 or 5 renditions of the "board" this rule was put in place to cover exactly what I posted in the post above. Mods got tired of the nonsense and the personal threats only to have the same individuals come back under a different name... even pretending to be wimmin a time or two.

Edited by irishfield

Maybe I don't want them to have my information if I choose to leave the site? If I've chosen to leave, there is obviously a reason for it......maybe its because they have my info and I don't want them to???

Am I out to lunch here or what? I dunno.........

S.

Well, if the first account was deleted, there would be no second account..........I'm lost.

I should be able to delete my own account if I see it fit, shouldn't I?

Its my account after all.......right?

This is getting fishy IMO.

S.

i'm speculating, however i think the idea is to ID troublesome users and prevent them from opening up a 2nd account. however, you don't need to keep an account since you can IP ban in IPB without keeping a user account. and not that it would truly be effective anyway since its simple to access the site with a different IP like Terry mentioned anyway.

65000 accounts looks a helluva lot better than 12000 to a potential advertiser though. :unsure::whistling:

Edited by Raf

I don't think there's anything "fishy" here. The first account is retained for IP information, so in the case of crap disturbing members that get mod Q'd / banned etc it's quick to see a "new" joiner is one and the same. Anyone that's been around for a few years knows the reasoning behind it. Don't see the big deal unless you plan on being said crap disturber.

Exactly

it's their board

so they really don't need to explain themselves...

Exactly

Wayne-On all the past boards that I belonged to on the OFC since 2001 we were able to delete our accounts.

Would you like your account gone?

Yah, I know Peter. Doesn't make no difference to me but I'd suspect after 4 or 5 renditions of the "board" this rule was put in place to cover exactly what I posted in the post above. Mods got tired of the nonsense and the personal threats only to have the same individuals come back under a different name... even pretending to be wimmin a time or two.

How do you know so much inside information?? I know nothing of members coming back, or pretending to be women. How did you find that out??

Seems to me that my information isn't that private here. Only a select few get to know whats "really" going on.

S.

once you get over 11,400 post

the Mods send you a package with special log-in instructions

and special passwords to see everyone's posts and Pms and personal info

and they have a chat page in the corner of screen that they comment and make jokes about some people..it's very cool

was I allowed to tell

wait why is all the stuff on my screen melting

oh god I did it now

:whistling:

yeah I am kidding

and they have a chat page in the corner of screen that they comment and make jokes about some people..it's very cool

was I allowed to tell

oh god I did it now

yeah I am kidding

:rofl2:

Its really no big deal to me either, I'm just curious what is going on here.

If someone chooses to delete thier account, they should be allowed to do so.

Then a mod turns around and asks if a member would like his account gone?? :dunno:

Doesn't add up inside my little brain for some reason.

S.

was I allowed to tell

oh god I did it now

yeah I am kidding

How do I know your not kidding?? :dunno: