Interesting article about Fishing Forums

Nipfisher

One of the most heavily fished lakes in Ontario is Lake Simcoe particularly in winter, and one the oldest and most established message boards in Southern Ontario is the www.lakesimcoemessageboard.com. It has been a fixture among anglers from all over North America who come to fish through the ice on this prolific fishery. The close proximity to the GTA is one of the reasons that the lake sees up to 10,000 visitors on weekends and the message board reflects that volume with thousands of members and tens of thousands of visitors.

Probly mistaken that site for ours. :dunno:

Well I have only quickly perused it at this point I will say that talking specific locations on a message forum is absolutely foolish and we do have rules about it.

"Please do not post VERY SPECIFIC information on fishing spots, ie pinpoint locations and maps. It is our belief that sharing this type of knowledge to the general public is not at all good for the resource itself. When communicating info on spots, please keep it to email or a PM."

Just saying! whistling.gif

Misfish, The lake simcoe message board is very busy but after the main moderator (Sly) passed away it got out of control. LFW I agree but it did have some good days. Now it is coming back around again. The lakenipissing.org (sister site)is very slow though.

Speil, I agree and so does the author of the article. Giving general helpfull info about a lake or a tactic for catching fish in that lake is good enough.

Edited by Nipfisher

Speil, I agree and so does the author of the article. Giving general helpfull info about a lake or a tactic for catching fish in that lake is good enough.

I agree that sharing general knowledge, basic tactics and such is all good. The disclosure of specific tactics along with location, date and time.....stupid! whistling.gif

Why would OFC be mentioned, it's not a lake specific board. I'm glad it wasn't anyhow, lol. Like we need more people here lurking for information, we have enough of that already.

Board sponsors & advertisers might disagree...

Board sponsors & advertisers might disagree...

OFC most likely gets more traffic then that site could ever imagine. I'm sure they aren't to worried about it.

Now if this was a cross Canada publication, I could see you point.

well time on the water and simcoe board are one and the same now.......there is a mod again so it's ok now

a joke...no way

I love OFC and live here

but

I have to say if I post a video here I get between 250 and 500 hits

I post a video on simcoe and I get 1500 hits +......

winter time and anything to do with lake simcoe and it does have lots of people looking

good read... i even try not to post my topics the day they happen... i wait a couple of days so local guys dont know when or where i caught fish...

ive seen posts here the day of... and if anyone saw you that day on the river they might be able to put 2 and 2 together... i have...