Fishing World Sale

Live2fish85

Hey Guys and Gals, just wanted to let you know if you don't know already Fishing World has a Spring sale on right now. I just got back from there they have some good deals on, the best I seen and jumped at was there Trigger X Bass baits are on sale for $1.99 they actually have a decent selection. There other sale aren't to bad either. Regular priced rods and reels have no tax and more check it out if your in the Hamilton area.

Chris

Hey Guys and Gals, just wanted to let you know if you don't know already Fishing World has a Spring sale on right now. I just got back from there they have some good deals on, the best I seen and jumped at was there Trigger X Bass baits are on sale for $1.99 they actually have a decent selection. There other sale aren't to bad either. Regular priced rods and reels have no tax and more check it out if your in the Hamilton area.

Chris

Or go to Bill's and get decent service...

Or go to Bill's and get decent service...

Couldn't agree with you more. Can't stand that place sometimes. I go down and check it out every once in a while when I drop my girlfriend off at work. But Greg and Tim always get my money. Fishing World doesn't get a penny.

Couldn't agree with you more. Can't stand that place sometimes. I go down and check it out every once in a while when I drop my girlfriend off at work. But Greg and Tim always get my money. Fishing World doesn't get a penny.

I am too going to agree. The service isn't there. There is only 1 or 2 people in that store that have ever said "Hello" to me. Mind you, when I am dealing with these people they are fantastic, anyone else though; horrible!

There are a select few dudes at Fishing World that are an exception. Like the dude with the beard, and the dude that always wears the tournament jersey. But because of the other dudes who don't talk to you unless you roll up in a $50 000 dollar truck with a $50 000 dollar bass boat, I don't shop there.

There are a select few dudes at Fishing World that are an exception. Like the dude with the beard, and the dude that always wears the tournament jersey. But because of the other dudes who don't talk to you unless you roll up in a $50 000 dollar truck with a $50 000 dollar bass boat, I don't shop there.

Hey, stop repeating what others have already said... :jerry:

I have been to Bill's and yes they have good service but I found it to be no better then Fishing World. I think alot of you don't care for it because they have younger kids working there and I think that is great that they have kids working there. You made the comment about having to roll up in a 50 000 dollar truck I don't agree maybe you should actually talk to them before judging, They always say hello and ask me if I need any help. And if you want to talk about bad service got to Grimsby Tackle the owner is the worst person for service when I go in there he's very rude and it's because I'm young which is fine because I will never buy another rod from there again or tackle. But Fishing World has great service and I also made this post for the sale they are having so spend more I'll save and generally when I go in to buy something I know what I'm getting and what I'm looking for but when I do have a question I get great service. Maybe it's not them it's you. I know it's me at Grimsby I'm to young, I have seen it first hand.

Chris

Edited by Live2fish85

cwpowell maybe they are members on here and are afraid that you might come into the store and trip and fall and don't want you to call a lawyer. Or try and get free stuff. lol I'm just playing around but lets get real it's all in your head. If you guys go in thinking you are going to get horrible service that what you will think your getting they are busy and I understand that does bill bait wipe your asshat.gif because then yes that's great service.

Edited by Live2fish85

I have had good service in the past just not from the owner unless I go in with my grandfather who is a local and knows him. I'm not saying they are all bad there just the owner twice he was helping m and when and older man came in he left and helped him when I wasn't done I left and bought my rod at Fishing World. He is also more likely to be nice if you are asking about salmon/trout fishing over bass I know that to.

Gotta love OFC.

Fishing World:

This is a great shop. Many years ago they had their struggles. Personally, i'd say those are long gone. I do not own a 50k truck and sure has heck dont own a bass boat! Mike (owner) is always willing to offer bass advice, young or old. Steve (big dude with goatee) is likely one of the most knowledgable around. He can be a testy at times, but he is honest. Pure and simple. I will seak him out when looking for something specific. Blake (tourney shirt guy) is likely the nicest man you will ever see at a tackle shop. He'll help anyone who is looking for it. Nick (guy with glasses) is also a super friendly dude, makes custom jigs, and really knows his bass stuff. Roger (ex-bpsbassman) is/was also there. Now that is the nicest man on the planet. Not just fishing shops, but simply the nicest, most caring man on the planet.

Bills Bait:

These are my boys. I used to work there when it was "steel city" and have grown to know the brothers very well. Greg will bend over backwards to help a customer. They will order things in when needed. Their local shore bank fishing knowledge is second to none. They may not have the latest in high end bass tackle like fishing world has, but they have the ability to get anyone on the water and catching fish. I never have any issues sending anyone there.

Grimsby Tackle:

These boys just went though a change in ownership. I met the new owner at the last Straight Line Anglers event. Really nice guy. Seems genuine and wants to make a good go at it! I'd say for now, if you had any issues with previous Grimsby tackle owners, give the new guys a shot!

It is really tough to make a good go of a fishing shop. All shops have their issues. I can name specific examples of issues with the above three shops. However, i know all the above shops will do their best to "make it right". Unfortunately we all have our own ides of what "their best" really means.

I can assure you 10000000% they are all MUCH FREAKING BETTER than that joke otherwise known as BPS.

I like the guys at both stores...Fishing world can be crazy busy and the prices are good due to volume sales. If you go in enough you can find the best ones to deal with. I had a good conversation about turkey hunting with a couple of fellows in the gun area as well....As for Bills bait...great guys...I'm glad we have two good shops in Hamilton to go to....

nothing but bad experiences @ FW for me...

reading this thread it seems their Customer service is hit or miss. I have nothing but great things to say about Bill's bait and tackle or Angling outfitters.. they seem to get it right 100% of the time.

G