maybe an alternate solution

mercman

Guest gbfisher

Looks like someone else has tapped into the free government "green fund" handouts!

Love to see a Bass tourney with those being used... :rofl2:

A marine battery is 100% recyclable, a gallon of gas is gone in 60 secondswhistling.gif

Unfortunately, the power required to generate enough electricity to recharge that battery overnight still represents a pretty large carbon footprint, whether the electricity comes from a coal-fired power plant or a nuke plant. There's no free lunch.

Having said that, electric motors will continue to develop. I got to drive an electric ski boat a few weeks ago when I was at the Miami boat show. It was an 18-foot fibreglass Ski Nautique, with a power system designed by a company from Quebec. It had no problem getting on plane, and actually did 40 mph on a GPS - fastest I've ever been in an electric boat by far. Battery life wasn't the best, but hey, it's a start.

Edit: Here's a link to a YouTube video of the boat I drove.

Edited by Craig_Ritchie

Unfortunately, the power required to generate enough electricity to recharge that battery overnight still represents a pretty large carbon footprint, whether the electricity comes from a coal-fired power plant or a nuke plant. There's no free lunch.

Having said that, electric motors will continue to develop. I got to drive an electric ski boat a few weeks ago when I was at the Miami boat show. It was an 18-foot fibreglass Ski Nautique, with a power system designed by a company from Quebec. It had no problem getting on plane, and actually did 40 mph on a GPS - fastest I've ever been in an electric boat by far. Battery life wasn't the best, but hey, it's a start.

Edit: Here's a link to a YouTube video of the boat I drove.

curious Craig what was the battery life and how big was the battery?