ITS CAT TIME

Fishmaster

The water in the river is 38F the best temps for cats is 70F to89F the cats are there but they are not going to travel far to get bait.That being said if you get your bait near the fish they will eat Last year at this time the water in the river was 52 F a big difference we need a week of warm weather or warm rains to get the cat moving.

Thanks for the info! We figured we were pushing it a bit, but didn't want to miss out as we all have the habit of getting too busy to get together.

The water in the river is 38F the best temps for cats is 70F to89F the cats are there but they are not going to travel far to get bait.That being said if you get your bait near the fish they will eat Last year at this time the water in the river was 52 F a big difference we need a week of warm weather or warm rains to get the cat moving.

If you wait for 70 to 89F you will be waiting into july ...Omg Steve if thats the case why you taken clients out allready ...

yup nothin like a little :spam: in the mornin

FM donates free charters to the board for charity purposes on a yearly basis plus he gives up to date fishing reports to help people going down that way. No spam here. You sees things wrong me thinks.But thats just me.

is it worth trying the mouth of humber/etobicoke/ or credit rivers yet??

never fished for cats but willing to give it a try.

are there any carp around there?

never fished down here before.

????

There are definitely carp around there. You should have a good time.

He mentioned the fishing was good and that a derby with no information is on. His only I.D. is in his signature. We as mod's read ALL posts and threads and we will adjust things as needed. If you feel that a post/thread is incorrect feel free to hit the report button in the left bottom of a thread and the next reading mod will rule on it. You are free to post your opinion that it is spam but realize that if you are wrong you will get a little razzing on the other side if you are right you will be the leader. The safe way is the report button but their is less drama with it. This BTW is for everyone who posts here I am not singling any one out it just was an opportunity to enlighten all of our friends here.

Art

If you wait for 70 to 89F you will be waiting into july ...Omg Steve if thats the case why you taken clients out allready ...

Since I write down water temp every time I fish for cats. From my years of fishing for cat they start around 45F and get better as the water is around 55F. I have been out four times already have caught cats, but the bite is slow and so are the fish.I like my clients to catch lots of fish. You did not say how long it took to catch two fish.Two guys,two fish, how long? My trips are free if the fishing sucks.After the rain and warm weather this week. Next weekend should be good to go.

Hey Steve, errr, FISHMASTER, just wanted to thank you for your help on Saturday.

My father and I arrived after a long search for bait...without any luck. Steve had some great fresh sucker meat (non frozen).

We spoke for a few minutes while my father packed the boat. Steve confirmed my plan I had already - no moving. Pick a spot and stay there. That was our plan anyways, Steve just reconfirmed it.

When I arrived at our predetermined spot, we found it void of any anglers (there were about 15 boats on the river).

We setup our lines and within minutes I had my first cat on the line.

However, this one seemed tougher than the many cats we caught in the past. Well, that's cause it turned out to be huge.

First fish of the year - a personal best for me and my boat.

Called Steve from the river and he confirmed he would weigh my fish for me (even though his shop closed 3 hours earlier and i was not in his derby - THANKS!)

Met Steve at the ramp and he weighed my fish...our first 20lbs cat...official weight 20.55lbs.

Thanks Steve.

Another huge shutout should go to Steve Piggott.

He took me out a few years back and showed me how to "get'er done!"

If anyone is looking for some help, you know, to increase daily numbers from "a few" to "many", either Fishmaster or Steve Piggott (Anglers Way) are great choices!

My success can easily be attributed to both of their help and guidance!

On the water shot:

img0352e.jpg

In the shop shot: (and of course was released)

IMG00689.jpg