cooke gone for season

chessy

Guest ThisPlaceSucks

Mario as owner needs to put a "stop paymet" on Cooke's $ and fire him.

considering the self righteous rant he went weeks ago, he should do something!

Charas hit was way worse but this elbow will definitely get Cooke at least a few games

What?????

Are you kidding, Chara's hit was only bad because of bad rink design. Cookes hit was a deliberate elbow to the head, premeditated, intentional, and a complete example of goon hockey.

Comments like yours are whats going to have hitting banned from hockey.

:wallbash:

I didn't like the Chara hit but you can not compare them. Cooke is a coward and a thug. With the NHL's lack of suspensions and the new mandatory 15 minute break for someone with a head hit you can look forward to more of this. Bettman is a parasite to our sport.

What?????

Are you kidding, Chara's hit was only bad because of bad rink design. Cookes hit was a deliberate elbow to the head, premeditated, intentional, and a complete example of goon hockey.

Comments like yours are whats going to have hitting banned from hockey.

:wallbash:

Charas hit was just as deliberate, premeditated and intentional, if you don't believe it watch it again.. he sees the stanchion coming and deliberately pushes his head into it

Chara got away with his hit because they could blame the rink design

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0zq7b6QhVdA

I am not defending Cooke at all .. he deserves a suspension but so did Chara and the NHL dropped the puck on that one too so don't be surprised if they drop it again and again and again

Charas hit was just as deliberate, premeditated and intentional, if you don't believe it watch it again.. he sees the stanchion coming and deliberately pushes his head into it

Chara got away with his hit because they could blame the rink design

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0zq7b6QhVdA

I am not defending Cooke at all .. he deserves a suspension but so did Chara and the NHL dropped the puck on that one too so don't be surprised if they drop it again and again and again

Habs fan no doubt! :worthy:

That said I'm not getting into that debate again :wallbash: .....good luck with it.

Edited by muskymatt

Ya this cooke hit is unquestionable though. Theres no.....hmmm let me look at it 20 times to decide. He shows full intent. This guys missing some brain cells.

I dont care if the intent is there or not to be honest. If you unintentionally high stick a guy, you get two minutes in the box. Ya get punished. If he bleeds, from the high stick, again.........intentional or not, you get a stiffer punishment. More time in the box. Why, because the injury was worse. Personally i think chara should have gotten hit with something, and it should have been stiff because of the severity of the injury.

At least it was more of a hockey play than coming across the width of the ice with your elbow crosshaired on a guys face

Not enough imo....should have been the rest of this year plus playoffs and 25 games next year...

They could kick him out forever, for all I care.

He is not needed in the NHL at all.