A steerable crankbait...

Garry2Rs

Here's a crazy new bait that I have just ordered...

Steerable Crankbait...

This is what Think Tank the inventors had to say about on another site...

Hi there everyone. As the developer of the Triggerfish, I'd like to clarify a few points that you guys have brought up here. The lure is on its side at all times. In fact, it's impossible for it to be upright. This serves two purposes. First, it allows the head to work together with the bill to steer the lure. An extra benefit is that it gives Triggerfish a more realistic wounded appearance, even at rest. I'm sure you've all seen bait fish that are not doing so well on their side, trying to get back down to deeper water and some cover. This is a very powerful visual cue for bass or other fish signaling an easy meal. As far as line goes, braid up to 30 pounds works the best, but mono between 6 and 14 will work fine, especially as you get more experienced with techniques. We will have a video up on our website to illustrate many of the methods within the week. In the meantime, follow the instructions and remember that this is a totally different bait with a totally different method of fishing. It's not very difficult to learn, but you do have to adapt your approach.

Garry2R's

Tackle Warehouse has them on back order, but Northern Bass has stock, so that's where I ordered.

Garry2R's

Northern Bass

I must say I am usually not interested in these gimmicky type baits but it does look interesting, I am thinking that thing would last about 15 minutes in my pike infested lake.

Gary I hope you let us know how it does come the the last Saturday in June!

Think I will be getting one of these guys next time TW goes on a sale!

Thanks Garry, I just picked out about 100 dollars worth in baits from them. Another 12.99 can't hurt ;)

Oh yah!

Sounds like the Bait Monkey bit you big time...HAHAHA.

Just ordered the Silver Shad and the Classic Perch.

Can't wait to get them and give them a try, steering will for sure catch more fish.

Was awesome in the video when the guy was going around the rocks and under the dock.

I cant wait to get that and my Sufix 832 in Neon Lime. Will be a nasty good combo.

Interesting concept. Always fun trying out something new...I take it, a longer rod would be beneficial for the "steering of the lure"?

Yes, you need to keep the line off the water, so longer rods might be useful.

Braided line is also preferred since any line stretch might damped the response.

I ordered Baby Bass and Silver Shad. In my clear water, natural patterns are generally the ticket.

They might be available in Canada by Summer, but who knows for sure? This seems to be a small company. BPS and Cabela's in the US don't seem to have it yet.

Thats just like the hype for , "The Flying Lure" "Banjo Minnow" and "The Helicopter Lure"!

Tacklewarehouse usually doesn't promote the really gimmicky stuff....Although this could be their first..Either way, I buy the concept.

I just bought 2 in the silver shad colour. I am a sucker for new expensive baits and I never buy 1 at a time. Always at least 2 just in case. Still trying to catch my first fish on any one of my 5 sebile lures :huh: I also have about 6 lucky crafts that have caught a grand total of 0 fish.

Wonder what my shipping charge on 2 lures is going to be. I hope not too much.

I am thinking this might be a new good night fishing lure.

I just bought 2 in the silver shad colour. I am a sucker for new expensive baits and I never buy 1 at a time. Always at least 2 just in case. Still trying to catch my first fish on any one of my 5 sebile lures :huh: I also have about 6 lucky crafts that have caught a grand total of 0 fish.

Wonder what my shipping charge on 2 lures is going to be. I hope not too much.

I am thinking this might be a new good night fishing lure.

I've caught pike in the Spring on the Sebile Magic Swimmer by jerking it. However by the time bass open, I think it works best when you reel it very slowly.

I have a few short-fat square billed Lucky Craft cranks. They are pretty, and they catch fish. They have loud rattles, and I use them a lot down south where the water is dirty. Up north I had very good luck twitching a Pointer, but in the Summer I tend to reach for Kooper Live Targets when I want a crankbait, because of the clear water that I fish.

Garry2rs

I've caught pike in the Spring on the Sebile Magic Swimmer by jerking it. However by the time bass open, I think it works best when you reel it very slowly.

I have a few short-fat square billed Lucky Craft cranks. They are pretty, and they catch fish. They have loud rattles, and I use them a lot down south where the water is dirty. Up north I had very good luck twitching a Pointer, but in the Summer I tend to reach for Kooper Live Targets when I want a crankbait, because of the clear water that I fish.

Garry2rs

My magic swimmer is pitching a shutout and I have given it a good go every year for the past 3.

Some of my lucky crafts do catch fish. I have a nice $19 square bill crank that does well but my $4.49 big O is better. My pointers have caught fish but my $8 husky jerk or x-rap does better.