Habs - Bruins Game - Awful Hit

Leecher

Clearly the hit you are refering too was checking from behind but it has exactly what to do with this incident?

i am sure as an unbiased fan that if you think the chara hit was dirty than you must agree that the patches hit on eaton was dirty as well

as was the kostopoulos hit on stuart

or kostopoulos on van ryn

ahhhh habs fans...must be nice to live life with blinders on

almost as bad as leaf fans :whistling:

ya the hit looks bad (maybe even dirty) in slow motion

but remember the game IS NOT played in slow motion

hope patches in ok

Isn't it great when you look back on the past and only remember the parts you want.

Ever since Philadelphia started their goon squad, the game has gradually spiralled downward. I remember only too well the stitches, black eyes and missing teeth. I've had all of them playing hockey. Played goal before masks were mandatory ( masks were for sissies) and got a concussion for my efforts. That happens when you play the game. If you played a dirty game you got benched for 2 reasons: a) for playing dirty, B) to avoid a grudge game. Repeat the mistakes and you were off the team.

Edited by bigugli

Wow, are people blind here??? Chara pushes the guy right into the turnbuckle...

It's clear as day... Watch it again and tell me that Chara didn't push "Patches"...

Let's get something straight, I'm 100% against the "Panzification" of the game, but

this was a dirty, malicious move by Chara, and he should be suspended and fined large. Chara's lucky he didn't kill him.

Wow, are people blind here??? Chara pushes the guy right into the turnbuckle...

It's clear as day... Watch it again and tell me that Chara didn't push "Patches"...

Let's get something straight, I'm 100% against the "Panzification" of the game, but

this was a dirty, malicious move by Chara, and he should be suspended and fined large. Chara's lucky he didn't kill him.

I totally agree, he was looking right where he was going...total intent to injure...how is it clean when he knows what the outcome will be. I love hitting, but come on, anybody that thinks this was clean...watch it again.

Fan 590 just reported that Pacciorety (sp?) has a severe concussion and neck damage. That is a big loss for the Habs. He has 14 10 24 points in 37 games so that is a 30 goal scorer over a full season.

I am no habs fan. But that is tough.

There are checks and there are checks. Not all of them involve body contact. Looked to me like Chara had finished the check when he put the puck behind Pac-whatever. (note - Mea culpa. I just saw a different vid and the puck was fired down into the Boston end not back, so Chara was in fact doing his job by taking out the offensive player, albeit late and away from the puck but that's nothing new in hockey. The rest of the para is clipped because it was all based on a mistaken assumption.) The rest still applies though.

Sure it was bad luck that the Habs player got hurt because I don't think Chara meant to injure him. These guys are all well aware of what that can mean, particularly now that the cases are starting to go to court. I think Chara did mean though to hurt him as much as he possibly could. There's a big difference there.

I know it's not Chara's fault he towers over most other players but is it remotely possible that he and the other oversized guys have a little extra responsibility to tone it down when they have such an obvious size advantage? I've seen a few hits from him this year that as far as I'm concerned are close to taking him into the Pronger school of bullying. I see nothing to respect there. It's a shame he can't just accept the credit he gets for being a solid defenceman without being a bully to boot but that seems to be what the fans want today. I think it's (almost) incredible that a guy that big can still be as relatively nimble as Chara is, as a skater and a puck handler. Sure there's lots of guys better than him in the coordination department but we all know that when it comes to hand/eye and straight muscle coordination the little guys have a huge advantage over the big ones. When I watch him play I keep thinking about Manute Bol (sp?) stilting his way up and down the court. He ran, and I use the word loosely, like he had an extra knee joint on each leg. That guy could hardly walk. It would have been a hoot to watch him try to skate, and I'm not sure he was even proportionately as big when compared to his playing colleagues as Chara is when compared to his.

Be interesting to see what the league does with this. It's getting to be a very complicated thing for them. I'm worried that one day soon the result will be ridiculously draconian solutions that ignore the nuances and address only the result of a big hit. That's wrong in a game that is so fast and physical by it's very nature.

JF

Edited by JohnF

I read above that he was just doing his job. If he wasn't trying to injure him he would have keep with him and took him into the boards but he hit him directly into the Stanion and if he finished the check he would have done it differently he more so pushed him. Im all about big hits but get rid of the clown for a few games.

I say give him 10 games. Will not happen because even though Campbell is not presiding over the case he will still have input on it. Time for Campbell to go.

It would happen if Chara had hit Campbell's kid! Yup, Campbell should go, if only for his conflict of interest in handing out punishment.

The bottom line here is the Bruins have always been a tough team and there is nothing wrong with that but they are always a team that looks to bully the opposition and look for retribution and thats what this hit ways nothing more nothing less, that little push that Max gave Chara is the cause of this and the dust just a guy looking for revenge he saw 67 and took his opportunity.

If you think the Bruins don`t look for retribution just look at Lucic trying to goad Pouliot into a fight last night, what do you think that was all about?

If the league see`s this for what I think it was/is then a lengthy suspension will be handed out if they see it as a guy just finishing his check then this league is messed up!!!

WOW.... lots of diverse opinions on here :w00t: I know some of you guys see it has a "clean check" and some don't but one wonders what was going on in Chara's head at that very moment when he raised his foreharms to give Max the extra push :blink:

My intentions of posting this was certainly not to get a war of words going amongst fans and none fans :wallbash: but to post what had just happened.

Now it's up to the league to determine Chara's outcome.... does he get away with it or does he get nail?? Only time will tell.

Leechman

I don't think that you can say he did it because Max pushed Chara, But I will say that Chara knew what he was doing and it was dirty. I just don't think he did it over a push I think Chara did it because he's a big goof and has no respect for people and there careers.

If you don't think Chara intentionally put him into the turnbuckle, you've never played the game. If Chara was skating backwards and put him in I could buy that he didn't see it, but he was skating directly towards it, and he knew it was there. Chara has had a bee in his bonnet for Pacioretty since the shove from behind.

So esentially Chara broke his neck!

He`ll be lucky if he plays again,remember Steve Moore!!!

I would say more but the mods will just edit so why bother!

Max P. has a long recovery road ahead of him and if he comes back, he'll never be the same player he was..... very sad :wallbash:

I tried to stay out of this one...cause I don't cheer for either team or either individual player. But I'm a hockey fan so I got lured in...

I agree with Solo 100% on this one.

I mean he wasn't even close to having a full head of steam going...they where both cruising. An unfortunate outcome for a routine check of riding someone off into the boards.

I've looked at that vid about a dozen times, completely unbiased.

Sorry, but it didn't look that bad to me, Chara hit him with his shoulder. It certainly wasn't boarding, or a head shot.

The man is so huge and overpowering that an otherwise normal hit has huge consequences for a guy like "patches".

And yes, I'd feel exactly the same way if it was Kessel being pummeled.

In "patches" case the phrase "live by the sword, die by the sword" comes to mind.

Obviously I hope the kid isn't hurt, but hockey is more or less a blood sport. If you find it too rough then don't watch.

No way should Chara be suspended.