Whities and Lakers...good day again.

limeyangler

Hi All,

Went out for some more whitefish action, got some nice trout too.

When the whitefish bite is on it cant be beat for fun IMO, especially when all the fish are between 22"and 25". A couple of times we thought we had trout on when in fact it was a whitefish, when they want to fight they are no slouches!

Fish were all from 38'FOW, live bait was not popular with the feeeeshes yesterday, with white tube jigs from 4" to 1" taking all the fish, occasionally these were tipped with a minnow chunk for some FLAVA.

It was a morning bite with a real quiet spell of about an hour when the smelt all but dissappeared from screen. The fish were still there but not one would bite, apart from 2 'bumps' from what appeared to be Lakers higher up the water column. Then....like magic the switch was flicked back to 'ON' and for the last hour from 12-1pm we got a few more whitefish and a trout.

THE VIDEO OF OUR MORNING

<iframe title="YouTube video player" width="640" height="390" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/rf0PjodNRKE" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

DOUBLE HEADER TROUT! (released to breed and fight again :thumbsup_anim:)

IMG_1902.jpg

ANOTHER NICE LAKER

IMG_1908.jpg

I thought i'd put together a recipe video of my whitefish stew that we had last night....fresh fish...anyway you do it is good but I kinda came by it by accident a year ago when i decided i wanted to eat fish other than fried.

I had recently returned from France at the time and had had the opportunity to have some excellent fish soup while there. I thought i'd try to recreate the soup with a 'clam' twist as I make spaghetti vongole (clam sauce) often and always have the ingredients for it at home. I also added some shrimp to the mix cuz there were some in the freezer and my wife loves them.

Basically throw it all into the tomato soup and cook......really good served with fresh garlic bread.

MY WHITEFISH STEW/SOUP TYPE THINGAMABOB

<iframe title="YouTube video player" width="480" height="390" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/4JzCFEnMQnU" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Serious full action pack fishing episode in the first vid Simon B):thumbsup_anim: Lots of great looking fishes.... a great mix bag :clapping::worthy:

Second video was like watching "Cooking with Yan" :blink::lol: except it's with Simon :blink::lol:

Great recipe dude :good: My mouth is watering right now :whistling:

Awesome job to the both of you :Gonefishing::canadian:

Thanks for sharing

Jacques

Edited by Leechman

Now,

I knew you are great fisherman.,...and even better video operator (how in the world you manage to catch two fish and film them both at the same time?!?)....but now I can see you are also a great cooker ....bullet proof against any recession :clapping::thumbsup_anim:

Hot to show the recipe to my wife as we are always looking for new ways to cook white fish....

Have I mentioned before I wish you were close (or I was) so I can pay you a visit once....guaranteed fun I am sure ha ha ha

Thanks for the viewing pleasure as always

Cheers,

Ice Fisherman

Wow! :thumbsup_anim:

Everything about this report is top notch.

The camera work,the fish, the comments, the cooking...etc.

Haven't heard of vongole sauce since i worked in hotel kitchen.

Very well executed :clapping::Gonefishing:

Thanks for the effort.

looks like it was fun....

now I am hunnnngry again :wallbash:

It was a blast Splash.....i love whitefish...especially when they are numerous and hungry!

Those lakers are beauties!! WOW. If I get me some whities I might just have to try that recipe out :D

Thanks JB.....lovin your new profile pic man!!!

Sorry to hear you had a ruff day of fishing Simon.

Better luck next time. :tease:

Sucks to be me eh?

I'll try and do better for ya Captain :good:

That whitefish recipe looks delicious!

It aint bad....i'm still at the experimental stages with it....but i'm getting there.

Serious full action pack fishing episode in the first vid Simon B):thumbsup_anim: Lots of great looking fishes.... a great mix bag :clapping::worthy:

Second video was like watching "Cooking with Yan" :blink::lol: except it's with Simon :blink::lol:

Great recipe dude :good: My mouth is watering right now :whistling:

Awesome job to the both of you :Gonefishing::canadian:

Thanks for sharing

Jacques

Thanks Jacques, lol...dunno who or what cooking with Yan is...oh well.

I'm definitely going to try some variant of that recipe. I'd imagine any light-fleshed fish would be fine. Thanks for the report!

I imagine it would be.....the think i like about whitefish for a stew type recipe is that it is a firm meaty flesh that does not disintegrate when cooked in liquid, i'd imagine walleye would just fall apart.

Now,

I knew you are great fisherman.,...and even better video operator (how in the world you manage to catch two fish and film them both at the same time?!?)....but now I can see you are also a great cooker ....bullet proof against any recession :clapping::thumbsup_anim:

Hot to show the recipe to my wife as we are always looking for new ways to cook white fish....

Have I mentioned before I wish you were close (or I was) so I can pay you a visit once....guaranteed fun I am sure ha ha ha

Thanks for the viewing pleasure as always

Cheers,

Ice Fisherman

OK....that is one of the most generous replies i've had, Thanks man :blush:

[

nice fish

Thanks C.A.R

Wow! :thumbsup_anim:

Everything about this report is top notch.

The camera work,the fish, the comments, the cooking...etc.

Haven't heard of vongole sauce since i worked in hotel kitchen.

Very well executed :clapping::Gonefishing:

Thanks for the effort.

Thanks EHG...actually...the Vongole element was also a recipe i learnt when i worked as a cook in an Italian restaurant in England over 25 years ago...my 2nd ever 'real' job.

top notch report and video congrats

As usual ...thanks Corvy!

Nice work Simon. We didn't hit them as well the day after you were there. Going back tomorrow though! I saw a 36.5" trout landed (and released) last week.

WOW...i seen your pics on &aceb00k, very impressive!

Hey...did any of you lose the mud flap off a skidoo out there...i picked one up on the way out...its in the back of my pick up....its toast though...plastic shot to pieces.

Holy breeding lake trout! Nice fish

Beauties eh?

worthy.gifworthy.gifworthy.gif WOW!!! i have allot to learn. clapping.gifclapping.gif humbled....

Me too SD....lots to learn every time i go out...love it!

quote name='Whitespinnerbait' date='06 March 2011 - 07:43 PM' timestamp='1299458627' post='558989']

A Phenomenal outing right there MATE :worthy::worthy::worthy:

Cheers mate...had a right larf.

:worthy:

Amazing!

Thanks Dan....this lake holds some real nice fishy wishies.

:thumbsup_anim: Nice trout...I nabbed one white today missed one fish and my friend got one to the hole and lost it...

Wish I was on the lakers like you. :clapping:

I missed a bunch there the other day...i gave up and stuck to the whities....lol....just wasn't gonna be my day.

Great report Limey

Thanks weedline :thumbsup_anim:

What brand/kind of tubes are those that you're using for the lakers, Limey? I really like that size.

The 4" tubes are these CLICK HERE

and the 2" inch tubes are these CLICK HERE

and the one inch tubes were unbranded crappie tubes we had lying around in our tackle boxes..

Lawyer....:D Haven't heard that name for a while. Great report Simon!! Off to the grocery store for supplies, better get a whitefish or 2 on the weekend.

LOL...well they are certainly 'slimey' enough to be a Lawyer...lol(sorry to any Lawyers on the board)

Very cool report, just wish I could see the vids at work. Sounds like a good day out. I'll have to watch the vids when I'm at home, really interested in the recipe. I'm looking for a healthier way to eat them, as I only know how to cook fish one way, fried in breading!