You'd have to be a Turkey to be out in todays weather...

irishfield

:D

<iframe title="YouTube video player" width="480" height="390" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/jBqx40isUSw" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

<iframe title="YouTube video player" width="480" height="390" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/sYpeFFhFaIQ" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

I guess they know where the red meat eating carnivores live.

I have a huge fascination with turkeys for some reason. I'm always craning my neck to see if I could spot some in the fields when I'm heading anywhere. I would love to have them parading around my yard like you do. I could watch them for hours.

Edited by crappieperchhunter

I guess they know where the red meat eating carnivores live.

I have a huge fascination with turkeys for some reason. I'm always craning my neck to see if I could spot some in the fields when I'm heading anywhere. I would love to have them parading around my yard like you do. I could watch them for hours.

whistling.gif

Not even gonna touch that CPH.whistling.gifrofl2.gif

That Tom is pretty big and the colours are intense. Wish I had a better video camera that didn't go blurry on zoom. BRIGHT BRIGHT Red neck and his head is a shiny purple.. kinda like gasoline on water sheen.

I got a good chuckle when he went over the bank and kept sinking in :lol:

Beautiful colors on that shot B):good:

I find it interesting to see turkeys active and feeding out in nasty pouring rain, blowing snow and windy conditions. You would think that the noise of the rain and wind would take away 1 of their 2 defenses - sound, the other being sight. There has to be a reason for it, maybe get some food now in case it gets worse. I've also seen deer moving and out on the fields eating when the snow and rain is coming down, but not ususally in strong winds like I see turkeys.

Nothing wrong with their eyesight in that pouring rain. Did you see them all simultaniously lift their heads. That was one of them seeing me in the window. I could set my watch by these guys movements every day. Anywhere I plow snow, they scratch up the grass and eat all the way from the gate to behind hangar. They start at one end and work their way to the other and then back again. Also much easier to make a turkey fly in the winter.. in summmer they'll run for 2000 feet with you running behind them. In winter you just have to say booo and they're airborne.

In winter you just have to say booo and they're airborne.

I dunno Wayne, I was going down a backroad on Friday and there were about 15 of them in the middle of the road who just stood looking at me and actually forced me stop and wait while they took their sweet time moving.

Smart like a brick :lol::lol:

How about pot size? How big ? :whistling:

Exactly what I was thinking......you can shoot them with a camera and put the picture on the wall or you can shoot one with a shotgun and the whole family can enjoy a Sunday dinner......

For me....I'll thfudd.gif....son hand me a drum stick please... :D

Bob

Exactly what I was thinking......you can shoot them with a camera and put the picture on the wall or you can shoot one with a shotgun and the whole family can enjoy a Sunday dinner......

For me....I'll thfudd.gif....son hand me a drum stick please... :D

Bob

Then I'd have to call you a poacher Bob like my neighbour up the road!

While they may not be intelligent, I spooked 2 toms riding my bike and they both ran along and rammed their heads and crashed into a wire fence instead jumping 5 feet up and over it, they are smart enough to avoid me killing them during hunting season. Or does that speak to my intelligence?