Boat hauling

Chance

Pushing it I can make it in just over a day and a half to get there but there is not alot of enjoyment involved LOL .Most companies want a small fortune so I am contemplating meeting them half way or so.Just trying to find someone relatively cheap but reliable.Most times those two just dont seem to go hand in hand.

As in shipping it by rail?An option I never thought of.How would I go about getting a quote??

Try your local yellow pages or Google your local freight carrier.

Working on the RR for 30 years I have to say I never seen a bass boat shipped on the rail....I guess they could put it on the lower deck of a tri-level (car carrier). But if it was my boat I wouldn't go that route unless you could get a guarantee in writing that the boat would not be humped at ANY classification yard along the way. AND make sure it's FULLY insured before shipping on the rail.

Good Luck,

Bob

Edited by Billy Bob

Another good point Bob.I hate like heck getting it hauled for me but I just dont have the time right now.

Try your local yellow pages or Google your local freight carrier.

Working on the RR for 30 years I have to say I never seen a bass boat shipped on the rail....I guess they could put it on the lower deck of a tri-level (car carrier). But if it was my boat I wouldn't go that route unless you could get a guarantee in writing that the boat would not be humped at ANY classification yard along the way. AND make sure it's FULLY insured before shipping on the rail.

Good Luck,

Bob

Naw I'd be buying the same boat back for another 10K.Heck for 10K I would consider walking down there...well maybe not whistling.gif

Holy smokes...I thought you were going to say D.C.! I suggest selling boat in Washington and buying a new one in Windsor!