Lake Simcoe sled travel

dheitzner

Track running against the plastic sliders Bill... overheats if it doesn't get some snow in on them. Drive thru any snow you can or get some scratchers.. or make some. The bolt thru the ski tail worked well for me last year.. until I lost them somewhere..

Something to be said for the old full boggie wheel track of yesteryear..

Hey Dann,

How's the sled running? You just got it out of the shop last week??

Yes , and running good!

Track running against the plastic sliders Bill... overheats if it doesn't get some snow in on them. Drive thru any snow you can or get some scratchers.. or make some. The bolt thru the ski tail worked well for me last year.. until I lost them somewhere..

Something to be said for the old full boggie wheel track of yesteryear..

wouldnt that catch on the bed of the trailer while loading and unloading?

So you are 'scratching' the ice where the ski's are to cool the track? Am I getting this right?

I don't wanna know how hot my sled got the other day out on Simcoe, no smoke though so I guess that's a good thing, lol.

Edited by BillM

Google Snowmobile ice scratchers.. I thought I had a picture of what I had done, but I don't. Terry has real ones both on his sled nose and track sides. Main idea is to get a dusting of ice chips/snow into the track area to cool the sliders.

** I think Terry runs the ones on the nose because his is liquid cooled to get some dust up into the cooling tunnel. Not needed for air cooled machines.

Edited by irishfield

Yes you still need them with a studded track. There are many different types you can buy, and if your seeing smoke its probably too late. Last year i wondered what the red crap on my snowflap was when i was out one day... red slider being shaved off. Your track lug height makes a huge difference on how much snow gets up on the track clips. This reminds me i have to do some ice scratcher fixing tomorrow...