Finally got the laker I've been wanting for so long

frozen-fire

This was trip number 12 that I've been on the hunt to get one of these things! I have got a number of smaller lakers, but was looking for something that actually had some weight :D

I have hooked a couple bigger ones that got off and lost one right at the hole before, but have never had one in my hands. :(

I was beginning to lose hope, but finally....iced a decent laker.

This one is for you jet. Thanks for the inspiring advice!

You may miss the laker fishing through the ice here, but we're all jealous of your west coast scenery/fishing. :D

I don't think I've ever wanted a fish so bad.

laker.jpg

Felt amazing to finally get one.

laker1.jpg

Perfect wild specimen. Had to go back. Barely fit through the 6" hole. Had to force the head/belly through.

laker2.jpg

Didn't take long for it to start kicking.

laker3.jpg

Soaked on release as it powered off. See you next year :D

laker4.jpg

Can't wait for more.

Edited by frozen-fire

Great work on a nice laker! :thumbsup_anim:

I am kinda in the same boat waiting to get my first laker still. Got out 4 times last year but didn't have any electronics. This year i have a finder but have only been out once (I can definitely tell the finder will make all the difference after watching a few follows and getting a couple bites). Hopefully on my next outing i will land one :whistling:

You need to tell MJL what you caught that on....he was telling me in chat last night he is on a similar quest at the moment.

thanks for sharing

Simon, I already know what he caught that fish on...I gave him that tube a few weeks ago on our last trip out :wallbash: ...So technically speaking, that's my fish and I "caught" it :thumbsup_anim:

Simon, I already know what he caught that fish on...I gave him that tube a few weeks ago on our last trip out :wallbash: ...So technically speaking, that's my fish and I "caught" it :thumbsup_anim:

That's right lol, he can't claim that fish to be his.

We were actually fishing side by side haha. All day he hasn't been seeing very many fish and I see the odd one every now and then so I told him to come to my holes.

I drilled that hole for him, he was using my fishfinder lol. AND he was jigging like 10 ft above me, the fish shot up from bottom, obviously thinking that mine was a good meal. I'm sure that if the fish didn't come up to inspect my lure he wouldn't have gone for Ant's tube haha. :blahblah1:

So, in conclusion. I'd say I have 30% of that fish, Mike's got another 30%, and Jet's also got 30%. Pats on the backs guys, we got our simcoe laker for the year :clapping:

clapping.gif Nice one !!! Nice to set goals and realize them. Whats next on the listGonefishing.gif

More lakers! Even bigger ones! :D

I am kinda in the same boat waiting to get my first laker still. Got out 4 times last year but didn't have any electronics. This year i have a finder but have only been out once (I can definitely tell the finder will make all the difference after watching a few follows and getting a couple bites). Hopefully on my next outing i will land one :whistling:

Keep going at it. Finder makes a huge difference. I don't think I can go laker fishing without one.

Have to see where the fish are and how they're reacting to your offering/presentation.

That's right lol, he can't claim that fish to be his.

We were actually fishing side by side haha. All day he hasn't been seeing very many fish and I see the odd one every now and then so I told him to come to my holes.

I drilled that hole for him, he was using my fishfinder lol. AND he was jigging like 10 ft above me, the fish shot up from bottom, obviously thinking that mine was a good meal. I'm sure that if the fish didn't come up to inspect my lure he wouldn't have gone for Ant's tube haha. :blahblah1:

So, in conclusion. I'd say I have 30% of that fish, Mike's got another 30%, and Jet's also got 30%. Pats on the backs guys, we got our simcoe laker for the year :clapping:

You two are stealing my glory! :D

You son of a .....

I spent 12 hrs on the ice yesterday , with 6 inch holes looking for the SAME THING. My buddy got two decent ones, but nothing like yours. Lake trout actively avoid me, I'm convinced of it.

My jealousy enrages me... in a good way hahaha.

nice job!!!!

No...It was 99.999% me...And I'm being modest :D

It was my special amino acid and pheromone impregnated tube that I gave him that did it...Just like my uber top secret roe of mass destruction B)

The question remains...Did you get a double Big Mac with an apple pie after?

You son of a .....

I spent 12 hrs on the ice yesterday , with 6 inch holes looking for the SAME THING. My buddy got two decent ones, but nothing like yours. Lake trout actively avoid me, I'm convinced of it.

My jealousy enrages me... in a good way hahaha.

nice job!!!!

I was convinced that lake trout would know I was fishing and would tell all other fish around not to take MY offering.

Last year, I was fishing with Jet... he almost had a double digit day...all nice sized lakers. Even though I was fishing so close to him using the same thing, I ended up with nothing.

It's so depressing!

It also seriously sucks when you go out on so many outings, go home sulking...log onto OFC, and see reports from so many members on how they slammed the fish LOL.

I make myself feel better by saying they all have sleds and go to the middle of the lake while I can only go out on foot. :D

It was my special amino acid and pheromone impregnated tube that I gave him that did it...Just like my uber top secret roe of mass destruction B)

No...with the long awaited success, it was indeed time for a change.

Got a Crispy Chicken Sandwich! They actually messed up my order and gave me the same sandwich that Vic ordered. I originally wanted to try the Southwest Chicken Sandwich.

Mike...i hope you aint been using that stuff of yours from the freezer as attractant! :whistling: